Health and Wellness Food and Nutrition

Smart kid but don't want to study n eat.

Meenu Vemuri

My daughter is very intelligent. She is good at singing , art n craft n also a very good on her studies. But whenever it comes to her studies she starts crying,she makes excuses,she becomes sick etc. but at the same time she loves her school. It's been almost 5 months that I'm facing this problem what should I do when I forcefully make her study she gets full marks but she never comes n ask that lets study. earlier I never faced this problem and also fussy eater.

• 7

aneeshaidary

We face same challenge with my son. I went through counseling session too. What I found is that you need to spend quality time, 30 mins to an hour with your daughter and allow to do whatever she likes. Play with her or draw with her. Once she learns that you are taking interest in her doings, she will slowly listen to you. I did for my son and could see a good difference. Giving gifts, chocolates are not good. It makes kids even more stubborn and they will expect these repeatedly for getting things done. Believe me, they are great at that.

Meenu Vemuri

Thanks sarika, yes even believe that I'm to have child like her but sometimes even I become so tired of asking her lets study as in their school every Tuesday n Friday weekly exams are there n their marks are added to final report card. that's why I'm behind her otherwise I don't want to force her for studies at all. I want her to enjoy her childhood but can't help it.

Sarika Agarwal

Your case seems to be that of like a gifted child or a child with higher IQ, who show all these behaviours (as per sone article I read recently). I am not an expert so no suggestions, but only not to push her. Pls try to find her IQ level and try to read or findout strategies applicable to such children. Hope this helps.

Meenu Vemuri

Thanks nitin.. Yes she is very much interested in music n art n craft as well. She goes for singing classes n also don't want to miss it. same way she likes the school n don't want to miss it but not interested in studies. I'm a home maker n give my full time to her. She is hyper active kid n wants to do so many things at a time except studies .

Meenu Vemuri - does she also show disinterest in art & craft and music? has she offlate complaint about school to you? Also, I can understand your concern towards pushing her to study, am sure you would like her to find it of interest rather than compulsion. Suggest that you also spend time with her every day to do things she likes, for e. g. art & craft and music, and have some fun time together. Gradually, once you are at it, you may see her showing interest.

Meenu Vemuri

Thanks Sapna... But I have done that also like making time table,gave her chocolates,gifts whatever is wanted but the very next day everything is the same again I'm behind her now I have stopped giving her all those things still she is happy. I'm very tensed n confused.

Sapna

Hi Meenu Vemuri There is nothing to worry if your daughter is good at studies. She may her own style of studying which differ from yours. You may sit with her to make a time table and ask her priorities and preferences in that. If she sets more time on other activities then you could negotiate with her a little bit. she'll likely to follow the time table made by her but you need to remind her initially.

my son is 10 years old his weight is 46kg. He is over weight then how I give die..

thank you sukanya ji & shreya ji

she eats dry chapati with pickles fastly.. but when roti n sabji comes she eats..

overweight

hi! my 10 yrs. old daughter 's weight is continuously growing. she seems fatty..

mile

my 8 yrs daughter has a mole behind her n3ck and scratches occasionally. what sh..

Food tantrums

My daughter is 8 yrs and she loves to eat ladyfingers. The problem is she doesn..

allergies

my son omar is 8+ now,daily he will be sneezing in d morning,n every month he wi..