Solid food plan for 6+ months

Madhavi M

Hi, I'm a mother of 6 months old baby. We started introducing Cerels as his first solid food. But, we don't know how many times do we need to feed the food for baby. What is the best time to feed him I mean is it good to feed him before 10 AM or earlier that and in the evening time before 6:00 PM or earlier. We are planning to introduce the fruits and vegetables as his second food. If we do, what is the best time to feed him is it early in the morning after he wakes up or after his cereals (cerelac) or is it good to feed him in the lunch time or evening time. If so, do we need to start with the vegetables or fruit? But, totally we have to feed the baby cereals, fruits and vegetables and either mother milk or formula milk. Sometimes, water also includes in his daily food. We want to start give him rice food between 7. 5 -8 months. So, please give me some tips. And the timings to feed the baby. Thanks all in advance.

purvi dalwani

wat type of khichdi

Madhavi M

Please respond to my message.

Madhavi M

@Molly: Thanks for the tips

Molly Sinha

Hi Madhavi! At 6 months you can feed ur baby outside food twice a day. Once in morning and afternoon. Mashed or pureed banana is a very common first given to babies. If you find the consistency thick u can add a little breast milk to make it runny .For lunch u can give the baby khichdi. Blend it in a blender to get the desired consistency. You can slowly introduce vegetables in the khichdi. You can slowly introduce fruits like steamed Apple and Pear,mashed Papaya and Chicku,Orange and Permogranate juice for breakfast. Ragi and Dalia porridge too can be introduced slowly. Continue with breastfeeding. Follow the 3 day rule ie wait for 3 days after introducing a new food to know if the baby is allergic to any of it.

Molly Sinha

Haritima Pandey

I think u should talk to ur pediatrician nd nutritionist abt correct diet with timing.

Baby bottom getting darker

hi sweet moms!!! my 9 months baby bottom is getting darker!! I use diaper mostl..

Baby massage

Hi all... My baby is 2 n a half months old and cries a lot during massage... tur..

hair oil

my baby is 6 month which hair oil is Good for him after bath.

Polio vaccine

I have been told by the Paediatrician that oral polio drops is fine instead of v..

Crying in night.

My 11 months daughter Wake up and crying every half n hour in night..

number of feed

hi mommies.. how often or how many time's should I breastfeed my 7 months old ba..

massage oil

pls suggest if olive oil is good for babies.. i use coconut oil.. somewhere i re..