Solid food

Arti Rastogi

Hi, I have twin boys (2. 10mths) of age who just refuse to eat any solids including dal or any vegetable. The only thing they want it milk or maybe dalia, suji kheer that is semi solid... chewing is just not happening. Only plain roti maybe with sugar or rice with sugar. Pls suggest how do i go about? any recipies and how to make them just love food.

• 2

I have heard of children with this problem, it is not unique. My cousin used to give her daughter soups and fresh juices, overdone rice with ghee or butter, mashed potatoes and other vegetables pureed. The child is 8 now and she is fine. You could try it.

Dear Arti. I can understand your concern. My daughter ate baby cereals and roti with milk for dinner until almost 2. 5years and would eat a few spoons of khitchri for lunch. Besides that she would only drink milk. Through a lot of trial and error, I learnt that she did not like to see a mish-mash of food on her plate. She preferred to see and know what she ate. So I began serving her portioned food which she enjoyed mixing as per her wish and ate. You could try presenting them food in a colourful way and in attractive kids crockery and cutlery. If you can, try making soft veg nuggets by using biscuit cutters,which come in animal shapes or in shapes of stars,moon etc. If you are a non vegetarian, you could try making chicken soup with pureed vegs and let them drink it. This way they will get the goodness of both chicken and vegetables. It may take them a while to get used to the different textures of food. Please be patient and persistent and try to offer them different types of food from time to time. Good luck :)

Food. to be carried during train journey..

Please suggest food items to be carried for. my 2 years baby for long journey.

Food habit

My kid s 2. 3 months old now.. she doesnt like to eat badham,sweet potato,dates...

Bad at eating

My daughter is very bad at eating . she is now 2. 8yrs old and weight 9. 4kgs...

About food

My child is one and half years old ,I want to give him something healthy and tas..

Nutrition

Hi .. My daughter is 2yrs old... Can I give her kids horlicks or pediasure? Pls..

Food Chart

Hi... please share food chart for 1 year and 1 month old baby.