Solids at 6months.

bhavana

Jul 15, 2015

I have been advised by the pedetrician to start with solid foods for my 6 months old baby. can someone please share a few recipes and what all can I offer ?

bhavana

HoW is everyone feeding dal and rice water? With spoon or in bottle? Also my paedtrican has asked me not to use sugar n salt till he is one year..

Ruth

Hi. My paediatrician advised to roast local brown rice and grind it fine in a mixie. Store this in an airtight container. In half a cup of water add 1&1/2 spoons of the rice powder and jaggery n cook it like porridge. A few drops of virgin coconut oil helps wth the fat requirement. Any new meal should be introduced in the morning and start wth a few spoons on the first day. Check out for any tummy upset or skin allergies thru the day. Continue with the feed in small quantities for three days if all well and then increase the quantity. Next week, introduce raagi porridge and so on. A month down the line, you could try ground oats porridge. Be careful to serve cold as oats traps heat

bhavana

Any particular rice to be used?? Or the regular kolam is good

Amrita Jha Alkara

U can start with dal water or rice water first. When baby gets habitual and started digesting that then only start solid

Dhara Atha

Wht shall i do?

Dhara Atha

Hello mums, my baby starts vomiting frm day 1 if i gv her solid food. She is 8mnths old. still she wants evrythng in liquid consistency

bhavana

My pediatrician said first 2 weeks would be tasting period to check if he is accepting food well n also allergy if any and then to start with 4 to 5 meals a day... what fruit sdoes everyone recommend ? Have started with banana as of now

Suchitra Rao

Quantity and duration of food varies with babies. One thing to remember is feed on demand. Never stick on particular time, if baby is hungry u feed her,.

bhavana

Thanks all ...what should be the duration of meal and also is it ok not to give too much milk n substitute with solids?

Samiksha Nadkarni

I started with clear vegetable soups first because they find it difficult to swallow they are so used to sucking. gradually started increasing the consistency. Avoid adding excess sugar and salt ,they like exploring new taste I am giving ragi porridge,soft khichdi made of moong dal and rice an boiled vegetables. Don't stuff anything down the child's throat they eat according to their hunger and mood.

Jazz Dhawan

Add fruit to hung curd and blend. Fruit yogurt is yummy and usually loved by kids

simran sharma

You can give yellow dal . just boil it add some salt and give, Mashed banana is also a cool option, Curd rice can be given, Porridge, dalia,carrot grated , soft idli,vegetable soup are some of the things i gave to my kid . :)

fruits

Hello mommies. ..pls share what fruits I can give to ma 10 month old daughter...

feeding

Hi all, needed a help ,my lo is 2 months old. I gave nan pro to my daughter as d..

home-made cerelac

please suggest how to prepare cerelac (6+ months) at home

Hi My baby is 6 months old nd constipate..

constipation and bowl movements are hard while going stool

can mashed boiled apple cause constipati..

hi, I am giving half mashed apple after boiling to my baby during the day. can i..

weaning foods

I want to know the first weaning foods for a baby golf 6 months. What foods will..

pls give fr me food chart fr my 5mnth baby

baby not taking bottle feed

My lo is 4month old and has been on exclusive breast feed till now. I wanted to..