Spanking your Child

Praveen Premkumar

Came across an article in the Times of India, Delhi today on Parents and Spanking. It said, of the parents researched 55% of them spanked their child. And mostly by home makers. While I am not sure of the authenticity of this research, it got me wondering. Is spanking actually helpful? Or does it leave a negative mark on the emotional build of the child?

• 3

Sreelakshmi

I feel that spanking a child does not do much good to either the child/parent. Over time the child might get used to the yelling and spanking. It can lead to either the child becoming withdrawn and introverted or becoming more aggressive and revolting. It will hurt the child’s self image in the long run. Since children mostly absorb and emulate their parents’ behavior they might take cues and demonstrate similar aggression in their life too. From the parent’s side, I feel they might end up being guilty and if they see that their spanking hasn't led to any positive changes; it leads to even more frustration.

It hurts the child emotionally and over time the damage may turn irreversible.

I am not sure if there are any positive outcome from this act, both for the parents and the child. I do not support any form of hitting, beating or spanking.. but sadly it might be a common practice in many households.

loosemotion

meri 1 year ki baby bahut pottiya kr rai hai bahut smell wali kya kru mai bahut..

about child behaviour

childs behaviour

Is 2 child must for family

Hi i have daughter of 4 year and now i am confused shud we thi k fof 2nd child o..

loosemotion

meri beti 1 year ki hai.. wo bahut loosemotion kr rai hai.. bahut smell wali lig..

Baby not turning on belly yet

My baby girl is 5 months old and she still doesn't turn by herself on her tummy...

my question

Hai all. I'm a mom of 8 month old baby... my periods s not regular after pregnan..

my husband

my husband never share anything to me about personal nd official everything.......

periods problem

i put copper tea for 3 yrs... suddenly periods has 7 days.. before it has come 3..