Spanking your Child

Praveen Premkumar

Came across an article in the Times of India, Delhi today on Parents and Spanking. It said, of the parents researched 55% of them spanked their child. And mostly by home makers. While I am not sure of the authenticity of this research, it got me wondering. Is spanking actually helpful? Or does it leave a negative mark on the emotional build of the child?

• 3

Sreelakshmi

I feel that spanking a child does not do much good to either the child/parent. Over time the child might get used to the yelling and spanking. It can lead to either the child becoming withdrawn and introverted or becoming more aggressive and revolting. It will hurt the child’s self image in the long run. Since children mostly absorb and emulate their parents’ behavior they might take cues and demonstrate similar aggression in their life too. From the parent’s side, I feel they might end up being guilty and if they see that their spanking hasn't led to any positive changes; it leads to even more frustration.

It hurts the child emotionally and over time the damage may turn irreversible.

I am not sure if there are any positive outcome from this act, both for the parents and the child. I do not support any form of hitting, beating or spanking.. but sadly it might be a common practice in many households.

my postpartum belly

it was more than 90 days till my belly hasn't get in place.. still I have loose..

Remedy for sore nipples

Can anyone tell me remedies for sore nipples?

cerelac

i want to introduce ceralac to my 5months old baby ..which flavour is best... wh..

reduce angry to my husbabd

im 26 years old for me..... my husband got angry me for silly matter.. how to m..

positive parenting

see how powerful positive parenting is. try implementing in your parenting journ..

Baby not turning on belly yet

My baby girl is 5 months old and she still doesn't turn by herself on her tummy...

baby unable to sit

hii my baby is 7+ months but he is still unable to sit whenever i make him sit h..