Speech delay

Harsh

Hi My daughter is 2. 7 year old. She is not picking up our language though she understands everything, but unable to speak. She is monolingual till now. Please suggest what should we do to gain her attention and motivate her on speaking part. Regards, Harsh

• 7

Delay speech is very common no a days. I woudl suggest not to ignore.

I would suggest you to take speech therapy. till 3yrs my son didnt utter a single work. We started taking therapy for one and half year.. now he perfectly fine. But parents has to be more patient and has to work with the child.

krishnakali basu

if a child is being able to speak one language well,then nother is not much to worry

krishnakali basu

make sure u are satisfied with her receptive capacity,if shes responding to short commands then its fine i guess. ask her to get her favourite toy sit wid her, make her sit with u and start playing ,take few of her toys and start speaking,name them,repetition is a major tool in teaching to talk and get involved in playing rather than pushing to talk. playway method is the key method to communicate to the child. a lot of international sites have excellent materials on the net.. if the child is fluent in one language then no need to worry even if the child takes time he or she will manage

Seema

Hello, I agree with you Megha. My son Vivaan is 3. 5 years and he has issue speaking in sentence because he is exposed various languages at home. I too take him to a speech therapist

Megha Chawla

Hi Harsh, each child has its own pace, I am not sure if you should get really worried at 2. 7 years. Also a friend had a similar issue and then the pediatrician told her that multiple languages around the child could also be an issue, the father spoke to son in English, his grand parents spoke to him in Hindi and mother and maternal side spoke to him in Bengali, so my friend's son was having troubles in picking up language cause he didn't know which one too. Also another thing that worked in my case was talking to our child, since we are in a nuclear setup, taking that extra effort and having frequent conversations with the child did the trick.

Neha Rohit Uppal

Hi.. my daughter is 5 years old.. her speech is also delayed.. I m taking her for speech therapy n I can see lot of improvement in her.. for attention u can take her for occupational therapy.. I hope it helps

talking

my son 2. 4 years old doesn't talk yet

behavior

my daughter speaks very loudly.

My daughter talk less

My 2 yr 2 month baby girl talk less. she speaks in word like mamma, papa, colour..

how to introduce solid food

hi all my baby is 19 month old but she is not eating the solid food.... i have t..

My child anger behaviour.

he is very short tampered. if no one listen to him or agree with his,he start th..

2 yr baby scare of male people

my 2 yrs baby scare of maximum number of male person. whenever she see any male..

Potty problem in kids

My baby is 2. 2 yrs old n he has a problem of very hard stool . suggest me solut..

1 yr baby diet chart nd time table

hiii... plz sugst me 1 yr baby diet chart nd time table nd in which quantity i c..