Stiff nose and congestion

Himanshi Gupta

Hello ppl, my 3 month old baby is suffering from stiff nose and congestion.. Plz help wat can I do as winters are here..

Himanshi Gupta

Thanks Shikha :)

Hi Himanshi Gupta! Its very hard for a mother to see her baby suffer. I would advise you simple tips which u can do at home: Have a half bowl of lukewarm water and put a pinch of salt in it. With a dropper put a drop of saline in each nostril. MOST IMPORTANT Please check temperature of water on yr palm before putting it. This would make the child sneeze and the whole phlegm would come out with it. Please keep yr baby's head up with yr elbow while feeding as his nose is blocked and would breathe from mouth. But since while he is feeding from mouth, he might face difficulty in breathing and thereby avoid feed or might show discomfort. Please put a drop in each nostril every time before feeding or 5 to 6 times a day. Also u could give him steam before sleeping at night by switching on the steamer in a closed room for 15 to 20 minutes. Also u can try humidifier during day time it will loosen out congestion. You could rub 2 or 3 drops of eucalyptus oil on his pillow which will again give a soothing effect. Please breastfeed him frequently as that would offer him protection against any illness or infection. Cover him well with woollen clothes. Hope this helps. Don't worry Himanshi yr Lil bundle of joy would be fine soon. Give Taanush my love! Tkcare.

almond powder

can I use homemade almond powder in porridges of my 7 mnth old baby

diper rash

hi my baby is 9 mnths old. i use dipers nd in winters the no. has incresd. plz s..

Skin care

which creame is best for 3months baby??

in which month baby is ready for walker?

my baby is 8 months 6days old. he love to stand on his foot when he is on my lap..

Infant's hairfall

Hi all want to discuss hair issue of my 3 months old baby. actually he had a goo..

about digestion

can I give gripe water to my 11mnth old baby?

Fighting for sleep

My 3. 5 months old son cries and strugg le to sleep be it nap or night sleep. He..

facing gas n constipation

my son is 6 months 3 weeks. please suggest me how to tackle with gas n constipa..