Stomach Worms - Home Remedy

Pritesh

Apr 09, 2014

Dear All,   We have a 4yrs old daughter. Since past 3-4months she is eating a lot (hungry almost every 30mns). Initially we were happy that now she is eating well :) and now its concerning. Surfing for information indicates its a sign of worms in the stomach. I believe there could be several kids who have managed to come out of a similar situation with help of their parents. So... any good medicine or a good home remedy? FYI we are outside India hence finding our Indian herbs (e. g. Tulsi, etc) is challenging.   Thanks in advance!

• 4

Pritesh

Do you have pets at your home? No pets, though my daughter loves dogs and she does play with them whenever she sees one. Does she ask for food every 30mins or so and eats her meals well? Yes! She does eat her meals well and keep asking for more to eat in short time. I found below on the internet and will try one before I go for a medicine. • Give 1 cup of grated Carrot in the morning 1 hour before breakfast for 4 to 5 days. • Take 1 tablespoon of raw Papaya juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey (shahad) and give this to the child in the morning on an empty stomach. This should be followed by a glass of warm milk mixed with 1 teaspoon of Castor oil. Do this for atleast 2 days. • Make the child to eat a small piece of Jaggery (gudha) after each meal. • Give a piece of Garlic (lehsun) clove a day until the worms are removed. • Grind a fresh coconut finely and mix it directly into some milk or boil it with milk. Give this decoction to the child for about four times in a day. • Take a handful of Pomegranate (anar) leaves, crush them and boil with a glass of milk. Drink half of it early in the morning on an empty stomach and the rest after two hours.

Pritesh

Anurima and Jasmine... thnaks for your reply.

jasmine

hi... my daughter is 3 yrs old n her peadrician hs actually prescribed a medicine for de worming. it is to b given once in a yr. n infact he suggestd tht adults shd also take it once a yr. so, i wud suggest u go n consult a doc.

Dear Pritesh, do you have pets at your home? If yes, then it is recommended to give your daughter a dose of a de-worming medicine once a year. Does she ask for food every 30mins or so and eats her meals well? It could have become a habit. You try and cut down on frequent snacking and ensure that she gets two decent snacks and three meals and observe her appetite then. You may have a read of the following blog on tips on snacking. here is the link http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/let-your-child-snack-healthy/402 If you still suspect it to be stomach worms, then I suggest you speak to the pediatrician and get a prescription for a de-worming medicine. The medicines are usually taken at a gap of 15 days and do not have any side effects. But I urge you to take a prescription medication. I am not aware of any home remedies for treating worms, sorry. Hope this helps.

chywanprash for 3 year old...

Hello mommies, has anyone of you tried 'chywanprash' for your little ones? Does..

vaccination

Hi! my son is 18 months old. His weight is 9 kg. He is a fussy eater. Is his we..

homeopathy medi is good for babys??

homeopathy medi is good for babys????like cough and cold, calcium ????

My son is 1. 3yrs suffering from noisy c..

My son is suffering from noisy cough and is restless from last 2_3days... as he..

hungry

My daughter eats a lot . she eats non stop. please advice

How to boost immunity in kids?

does anyone know how to build immunity in kids?My son has been catching cold ver..

2. 3 yrs old having severe cough and col..

hi moms... my 2. 3 yrs old is having severe cough and cold. please suggest some..

for my son

he is having constipation how we can overcome it help me