Storage of expressed milk

Rohini Motwani

Hello friends, i am a proud mom of a 6 month od baby girl, but just started working.. :-( wanted to know how can i store expressed breast milk n whether its safe to give baby that milk?

Rohini Motwani

Thank you so much pooja... it will be of great helm to me i guess

Dr Pooja Attrey

Yes.. it is safe to give baby stored breast milk. just two three points to consider... first it must ideally b stored in specially made pouches.. double or triple layered... bacteria free.. which are available in market. mother must express milk every 3-4 he and that might mean taking your pumping device to work with u! Depending on the temp u stored milk n weather... once extracted milk can be used for next 6-12 hrs. Secondly... this milk must not be heated directly on gas or Stove or kettle as it kills nutrients. U must keep the milk bottle in already heated water.. never directly! Third when u store breast milk... a thin layer of creamy fluid sets in after some time.. no need to worry... As when u shake milk in bottle it again attains its natural consistency. Also u must take care for proper cleaning and sanitising the pump and storage pouch n utensils... I GS that would help u

Ridhi Raghani

Hello my baby is 1 month old.. he suffers from gas problem alot what is the solution for that he should not suffer from this.....

is that mean limited feed?

my daughter who is of 1 month 11 days cries for feed very frequently and sleeps..

Discontinue Breast feeding?

Hi beautiful moms can anyone tell me tablets abt drying up milk production, ,,My..

right eyes little red

my one year daughter's right eyes bit red from morning but there is no irritatio..

mosquitoes bites

hi my baby girl is 3 months old and today i saw her thighs full of mosquitoes bi..

not pooing

Hi my son is 9 month old he is not pooing for last 4 days . he cries often I thi..

what can i do...

maira beta 11 months ka h or last 5 days se na hi kuch kha rha h.... na hi milk..

Teething

Hi all. my son has just entered into 8 months. nd from last 2 3 days he is getti..

Pimple's n constipation for my one mon..

Pimple's on my daughter face ...I thought it's because of breast milk ...n now..