Storage of expressed milk

Rohini Motwani

Hello friends, i am a proud mom of a 6 month od baby girl, but just started working.. :-( wanted to know how can i store expressed breast milk n whether its safe to give baby that milk?

Rohini Motwani

Thank you so much pooja... it will be of great helm to me i guess

Dr Pooja Attrey

Yes.. it is safe to give baby stored breast milk. just two three points to consider... first it must ideally b stored in specially made pouches.. double or triple layered... bacteria free.. which are available in market. mother must express milk every 3-4 he and that might mean taking your pumping device to work with u! Depending on the temp u stored milk n weather... once extracted milk can be used for next 6-12 hrs. Secondly... this milk must not be heated directly on gas or Stove or kettle as it kills nutrients. U must keep the milk bottle in already heated water.. never directly! Third when u store breast milk... a thin layer of creamy fluid sets in after some time.. no need to worry... As when u shake milk in bottle it again attains its natural consistency. Also u must take care for proper cleaning and sanitising the pump and storage pouch n utensils... I GS that would help u

Ridhi Raghani

Hello my baby is 1 month old.. he suffers from gas problem alot what is the solution for that he should not suffer from this.....

Feed Gap in nyt

My baby has just started her 6 month I would like u all to help me understand o..

cradle cap

hai my baby is 2 1/2 months old. he has patches in his head. I think it is cradl..

NAME SUGGESTIONS FOR GIRL WITH LETTER. "..

please suggest some names with letter "P" for a girl baby

health.

my baby 7 month 15 days. she doesn't roll yet. and she lies only on her back not..

cold and fever for mom

my baby is 2 1/2 months old I am breest feeding her. now I am suffering from fev..

teething

my 10 month old son become more irritated and less active. we saw his first toot..

Feeding

Baby wants to get feeded every 30 mins, she is crying like anything today if I a..