Sucking thumb at 2 yrs

Neha Mathur

Dear all, My son who has recently completed 2 yrs has started sucking his thumb seeing his elder brother who is 3. 5 yrs old. Along with thumb sucking, he also bites his nails to the extent that sometimes it starts bleeding. No form of counselling or scolding helps. Pls suggest what to do. Regards, Neha

• 3

Hi Neha, I can understand your concern as a mother. However, you may try and talk to your elder son about his thumb sucking habit. Like I said earlier, he may be feeling neglected so need to spend some more time. As for nail biting habit do you have anybody in the family or the house help who bite their nails. Check because children imitate elders and other people. So there is somebody who is unknowingly biting their nails. Hope this helps.

neha mathur

Hi swati, my elder son only sucks thumb. .doesn't bite nails.. The younger one has started sucking thumb seeing his elder Bro and biting nails is a totally new habit out of nowhere...

Hi Neha, Have you tried talking to your elder son about his nail biting habit. Chances are that he is feeling neglected and to get your attention he has started biting his nails. Hence you need to talk to your elder son first. Once your elder son stops biting his nails the younger one will stop on his own. Hope this helps.

child anger

hello I have a child he is very angry and jiddy nature. he throw the toys .

behavior

she is becoming stubborn and adamant, keeps on crying especially during nights.

behaviour

He gets more angry from nw only

stubborness in 3+yrs boys

how to decrease the stubborness in boys

Angry behaviour

He is very stubborn....

starting days of pre nursery

my daughter is not happy to go to school. she cries all the time and vimits ever..

Hw to gt rid of thumb sucking habit of c..

I have twice boy n girl they are premature. Both of Thm put thumb in a mouth. Th..