Sudden weight gain

Supriya Ravindran

Hi My girl baby is 2months 2weeks old now. Recently i changed to formula due to low milk supply. Earlier her weight was 3. 85 kg. After giving formula within a span of 14 days she gained 650gms. I suspect this is abnormal as i have heard that weight gain of 500 gms per month os normal. Please someone clarify me. Also now her apetite would have increased. Can i reduce her feed or need to maintain the same pace.

Megha Chawla

Supriya You can have a one-on-one with the nutrition expert here http://www.parentune.com/nutritioncorner

Supriya Ravindran

Yeah pooja... im trying to make her more on bf!!!but nowadys she is refusing and keeps on moving her head!! Since her sucking time is reduced my supply is also reduced. most of the time i can feel my breasts soft. Whether pumping sessions will help my improve my supply??

Puja Vasisht

Hi Supriya, The weight gain in first three months is very high. In fact it is 200 grams per week which comes to 800-850 grams per month. Formula milk is higher in calories. With bottle feed, the chances of taking more milk are higher. In breasfeeding there is regulation by means of demand & supply of milk. Hence the higher calories and higher intake of amount would make the weight gain faster. You may give her more breast feeds with one or two formula feeds in a day.

pacifier

hello everyone, pacifier is good or bad for 6 month old baby ?

facing problem of breastfeeding

Hi My baby is one month 5days old,from the first day he is not latching i tried..

sleep

My baby is 2. 5 months . she sleeps whole day and at night she sleeps around 11...

teething

my mother-in-law used to apply honey to my 7 mnth old son to his gums is it safe..

summer care

hi all.. do I need to cover my 4 month old baby in summer while stepping out? if..

Breast feeding

My daughter is 2 and half month old... From past 1 and half month... My daughter..

shampooing

hi... pls suggest me wat shampoo n soap to use for my 5 month old baby.. n also..

weight

how much weight for 8 month baby