Sudden weight gain

Supriya Ravindran

Hi My girl baby is 2months 2weeks old now. Recently i changed to formula due to low milk supply. Earlier her weight was 3. 85 kg. After giving formula within a span of 14 days she gained 650gms. I suspect this is abnormal as i have heard that weight gain of 500 gms per month os normal. Please someone clarify me. Also now her apetite would have increased. Can i reduce her feed or need to maintain the same pace.

Megha Chawla

Supriya You can have a one-on-one with the nutrition expert here http://www.parentune.com/nutritioncorner

Supriya Ravindran

Yeah pooja... im trying to make her more on bf!!!but nowadys she is refusing and keeps on moving her head!! Since her sucking time is reduced my supply is also reduced. most of the time i can feel my breasts soft. Whether pumping sessions will help my improve my supply??

Puja Vasisht

Hi Supriya, The weight gain in first three months is very high. In fact it is 200 grams per week which comes to 800-850 grams per month. Formula milk is higher in calories. With bottle feed, the chances of taking more milk are higher. In breasfeeding there is regulation by means of demand & supply of milk. Hence the higher calories and higher intake of amount would make the weight gain faster. You may give her more breast feeds with one or two formula feeds in a day.

Breastfeed how to know it's sufficient

My baby is doing potty... Having wet diapers... Her weight gain is proper.... Th..

cosleeping problem

my baby does not cosleep what do i do

urine sample

my baby is 10 months old I need to collect her urine sample but she is not haven..

regarding sleep

my baby is 6 month old.. her sleep is sooo less. night also she keeps on waking..

sitting

hi all, my son is completing 11 months but he is not sitting yet as his own, whe..

how to stop breast milk secreation

my baby is one year one month old. He has stopped taking breastfeeding. He prefe..

digestive syrup

is it necessary to use digestive syrup for 6 months baby ...