Sudden weight gain

Supriya Ravindran

Hi My girl baby is 2months 2weeks old now. Recently i changed to formula due to low milk supply. Earlier her weight was 3. 85 kg. After giving formula within a span of 14 days she gained 650gms. I suspect this is abnormal as i have heard that weight gain of 500 gms per month os normal. Please someone clarify me. Also now her apetite would have increased. Can i reduce her feed or need to maintain the same pace.

Megha Chawla

Supriya You can have a one-on-one with the nutrition expert here http://www.parentune.com/nutritioncorner

Supriya Ravindran

Yeah pooja... im trying to make her more on bf!!!but nowadys she is refusing and keeps on moving her head!! Since her sucking time is reduced my supply is also reduced. most of the time i can feel my breasts soft. Whether pumping sessions will help my improve my supply??

Puja Vasisht

Hi Supriya, The weight gain in first three months is very high. In fact it is 200 grams per week which comes to 800-850 grams per month. Formula milk is higher in calories. With bottle feed, the chances of taking more milk are higher. In breasfeeding there is regulation by means of demand & supply of milk. Hence the higher calories and higher intake of amount would make the weight gain faster. You may give her more breast feeds with one or two formula feeds in a day.

Introduce semi solid food to 6 month old..

Hello.. my son is of 6 month.. aaj uska aanaprashan hua.. how to introduce semi..

teething

my 10 month old son become more irritated and less active. we saw his first toot..

Xprot apart with mother milk to 5 months..

My brother's daughter is 5 months now and they are using Xprot apart with mother..

Home remedies for loose motion

My 5 months old daughter did potty many times since morning. Not sure it's teeth..

Constipation prob

My 11 months old little one often has constipation prob. Please guide me how to..

boy baby names starting with sa

hi can you all suggest me some modern indian hindu boy baby names starting with..

Baby weight

My son was weighing 2. 6kg when he was born. He was just 12 days befr DOD. My do..