Swaddling Habit

Dr Mittal

Knowing Benefits Of Swaddling. M swaddling my Boy Kahaan (who is now 3 months old) everytime he sleeps. I noticed that Swaddling is got into habit of him now. He wont sleep till being swaddled. As soon as Swaddled is removed or lossened up, he wakes up. Still he has startled reflex. How long will swaddling be required. He isnt rolling sideways so issues yet. But just concerned when he starts rolling in sleep too,i cant swaddle him.. Any ideas to get out of this habit?Me being a new first time MOM will be obliged if i get some useful tips.

• 7

somythyagarajan

I swaddled my twin boys until they were 4 months later they dint want it anymore n used to push away. So don't worry your boy will outgrow it

Dr Mittal

Thanks MOMS for letting me get rid of this little issue i was concerned about. It maaters to me.

Dr Mittal

Thanks Bhavna for ur help... And Niti thanks for sharing ur baby's samiliar habit. Just was concerned as baby starts to roll.. i think i need to use the swaddle cloth than Swaddle wrap to let him out his hands by himself.. Me using the Summer's Swaddle Me.. Dont see any scope that it gets loosened. http://www.summerinfant.com/nursery/swaddling/resources

Niti Jain

Dr Mittal, my baby is 8. 5 months and still likes to be swaddled. i have tried to get rid of this habbit but she immediately goes off to sleep when i swaddle and sleeps much longer and peacefully without getting startled. even though she rolls around the entire cot we swaddle as soon as she is sleepy and then by morning her hands are out and she has moved all round in the cot.

hey dr. mittal, enjoy while your baby is swaddled and sleeps without moving because before you know it , he will want to explore the world and you will wish for the time when he slept still with out moving :-).... anurima is right he will outgrow the swaddling on his own..

Dr Mittal

Thanks Anurima. Hope this habit will vanish.. For a time being enjoying watching my baby sleep peacefully being swaddled.

Dear Dr. Mittal. There is no fixed age until when babies can be swaddled or not. It varies from child to child. It is a habit which they outgrow on their own. So when your son begins to roll, he may gradually outgrow his need to be swaddled as the cloth will come off anyways once he moves. I dont think you should worry about it now as he is too little. You could try holding him tight and putting him to sleep. Once he falls asleep, you could put him in his cot and see how long he sleeps that way. Babies love routines and schedules, so go ahead and make a routine for him so that bedtimes dont become something everyone in the house stresses about as he grows. Hope this helps :)

usage of nappy pads

hi guys.... is it safe to use nappy pads for ma son who is of 6 month old... ?

Back pain post delivery

hi, i have back pain post delivery. What s the reason and how to get rid of it?

twisting tounge

my son is 3 months and he is twisting his tounge like he is eating something. m..

starting out food

Please suggest on giving liquid food for my daughter apart from mother's milk. 5..

Sweating

Hello all my baby nirvi 6 months old sweats alot & she has comparatively long h..

poop

is yellow green colored poop normal. my 4 month old lo is on breast as well as f..

Loose motions problem

Hi my baby girl is 10 months old and she gets loose motions whenever something i..

oil for massage

which oil is best for massage of a 3 months old among coconut/olive/mustard/almo..