Sweating and ithing

Anju Verma

Mar 12, 2014

Hi All   My son has a tendency to sweat a lot on head while sleeping. The amount pf perspiring is so high that the bed sheet get wet due to his sweat. Secondly he use to itch a on his head several times. I have tried Olive, almond and mustard oil to remove that itching but nothing is happening. Please suggest what to do.

upma

pls. meet some child cardiologist to rule out anything related to heart. My son had this issue and we told several times to his pediatrician but they never heed. At the age of 6. 7yrs, incidently, they found a hole in heart. Though he still sweats a lot after 1 yr of surgery but it has reduced. Adenoid cud be another issue for heavy breathing, believe me sometimes we think that child is fine as we don't see much symptoms in early childhood. Most of the heart issues get undiagnosed till adulthood. Don't trust single dr. , after all they r also human being.

Yes Anju! It cud be definitely due to heredity. if there are no other symptoms then it might not be a cause of worry. for itching u should consult a dermatologist.

Meenambigai Rajesh

Hi Anju, u can try adding quarter teaspoon methi powder, quarter teaspoon neam leaf powder in baby shampoo and give him a head wash weekly thrice. Itching will surely reduce. Sweating at night may be due to heredity. U can set a small table fan so that air directly comes to his face. Give lots of water during daytime. This might help!

Anju Verma

Hi shikha Thanks a lot , He doesn't have any such symptoms. Could it also be due to hereditary reasons.

Hi dear Anju! Some amount of sweat is normal which happens when the child is in deep sleep. but if u feel there is excessive sweating please check for other symptoms such as nasal blockage, gasping for breath, any sign of infection, fever, fast heartbeat rate. It is advisable to get ur checked up with his doctor to rule out any other metabolic disorder, heart disease or any other underlying problem. Itching on head could also be due to sweat glands being very active. Hope this helps!

Daughter don't speak mich

My daughter don't speak much. She's 2. 4 months old. She's very intelligent th..

talking

my son 2. 4 years old doesn't talk yet

baby

my baby is 2. 4yrs old.. And he is not at all intrested in eating.. n so much ir..

syrup bandy

as per doc advise I gave bandy syrup on Friday night 5ml and was advised to give..

parenting

what values should i teach to my 2yrs 10 months old daughter. so that she will..

misbehavior

hi all.. can anyone guide how to deal in a situation where child is lifting hand..

forceful blinking

hello my son 2. 7 yrs old is forcefully blinking his eyes as though it is hard..

why the toddler repeating when he ask fo..

why the toddler repeating when he ask for something,if he wants water he will sa..