Sweets and dessert - junk or not junk?

Matteo Chiampo

ok, this is something i am sure all of you have struggled with, at one time or another. Should sweets and desserts be treated in the same league as junk food? They often have low nutritional content. The sugar content is above indicated saily doses, especially for children. They may contain coloring ingredients and synthetic flavor enhancers. But.... every children love them! You have been asked multiple times to have a candy or a sweet before sitting down for a meal. Woudl you pick this fight with your children, or just give in and supply the sweets?

• 3

I do treat sweets, chocolates and desserts as junk food and eating chocolate is like a once a week treat which I enjoy with my kid to celebrate friday evenings. However, when he was little, he got this habit of munching on cream biscuits along with his meals. So he does have a sweet tooth and looks for sweets after meals. So I cut down on the supply of cream biscuits.. and interestingly as these kids grow, they become conscious of their diet, their weight.. from what they learn at school and from what their peers say to them. So, the problem of excess has taken care of itself and we guiltlessly enjoy our weekly chocolate and dessert treats.

nicole menezes

my kids are allowed one or two bits of candy only after lunch on most days. Seems to work ok for us.

hey matteo , everything in moderation is ok and excess of anything is bad... so as and when the time requires you can change your stance on sweets and desserts but they are kids afterall....

breastfeed is not sufficient for 7 month..

hi frnz my baby is 7 months n my breast feed ha decreased ...firstly tell me how..

what do you all think about NESTUM rice?

like every other mum I'm also concerned with how should I start with semi solid..

Nutrition

Hi my baby is 8 months old. Can I give him egg yolk?

my 3years daughter not eating rice she like only jank foods becoze of it she l..

idea to preserve milk while travelling i..

as I'm gonna travel for 4-5 hours, how can I carry milk safely?? as it is summe..

idly

what to mix with idly? my baby is 6months

baby food

hi! I have a 5 months old baby nd I'm working since 2 weeks. so I feed her my mi..

Feeding

Hello everyone my girl baby is in 4th month now by 5th month can I feed her cere..