Symtoms of a heat Stroke

During a heat wave, it's important to know and be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of a heat-related illness. There are different types of heat-related illnesses, ranging from those that cause temporary discomfort to the generally fatal condition known as heat stroke. In all heat-related illnesses, the symptoms appear when a person is exposed to extreme temperatures. The following checklist can help you recognize the symptoms of heat-related illnesses: 1. Heat Rash: Heat rash is a skin irritation caused by excessive sweating during hot, humid weather. It can occur at any age but is most common in young children. Heat rash looks like a red cluster of pimples or small blisters. 2. Heat cramps: A person who has been exercising or participating in other types of strenuous activity in the heat may develop painful muscle spasms in the arms, legs, or abdomen referred toheat cramps. The body temperature is usually normal, and the skin will feel moist and cool, but sweaty. 3. Heat syncope: 4. Heat exhaustion: 5. Heat stroke: Heat stroke is a serious, life-threatening condition that occurs when the body loses its ability to control its temperature. Victims of heat stroke almost always die, so immediate medical attention is essential when problems first begin. In heat stroke, a person develops a fever that rapidly rises to dangerous levels within minutes. A person with heat stroke usually has a body temperature above 104 F (40 C), but the temperature may rise even higher. Other symptoms and signs of heat stroke may include confusion, combativeness, bizarre behavior, feeling faint, staggering, strong rapid pulse, dry flushed skin, and lack of sweating. Deliriumcoma can also result from heat stroke.   While heat cramps, heat syncope, and heat exhaustion may all be present in mild degrees, you should always contact a doctor or seek emergency medical attention if the symptoms of these conditions are severe or worsen with time.

Sachin dhole

my son 8 month age wht food i give him

nisha

Yes... nitin is right... would like to know the remedies too....

good idea nitin , will find out the quick things that one must do in such cases and post it on another talk ...

would be great is you could also share some quick remmedies if one notices these symptoms, doctor is still 15-25 minutes away in today's busy life... what can we do in the meanwhile to take care...

Praveen Premkumar

Thanks a ton for this bit of information bhavna... apt, specially with this diverse weather changes that North India is presently facing...

mosquito bite

remedy for mosquito bite my baby girl is 8 months old plz tell what to do

Dryness because of winter

hi.. I have 10 months old baby. He has dry skin in his cheeks. I did many things..

Breast feed

Hi all. I have 5 days boy baby delivered by c section he frequently crying for..

head not control

hi mummies.. i want one help.. i have one little cute daughter.. born on 14 july..

Baby is 2 months old suffering from Cold

Hi all my baby is 2 months old and frequently suffering from Cold. Doctor did ga..

is anyone using pedia-sure ??

my pediatrician has suggested to use pedia-sure for my 5 month baby girl... once..

Hi I'm feeding my 2 months baby by breas..

kindly inform me weather cow milk is ok ...or not .. as I'm not having enough mi..

tismil moti

what is tismil moti. its help in teething?