Teaching respect to toddlers

Mahak

Hi, my 3 YO twin boys are getting very rude as they are growing. They are going to play school and learning a lot of things like talking disrespectfully to their elders. They do not refer anyone in the family as "AAP" rather all the time it is "TU".   Everyone in the family is always trying to make them learn family values and teaching them to talk with respect to everyone. But they don't listen.   Please suggest and guide how can I make them talk to everyone with respect?

• 5

Ishta

Totally agree with Neetu's views. Also it might just b a passind phase. Don't b too strict about it on them as it may have a negative effect. Just b patient and keep feeling them d correct way to behave.

Hi Mahak. I agree with the above suggestions. More often that not, leading by example works better than policing the child. Also a stern and firm attitude will help the chdilren get the message that this is not acceptable. I also suggest that you speak with the teachers at school to get a different viewpoint.

Monika

Mahak, it is good you are trying to correct them when they will still listen... tell them the correct things to say and behave; also if they don't listen to you, say that you will not respond to them/hear them if they say 'tu' and till they say 'aap'. only when they say 'aap' will you hear them out. stick to this and be consistent and they should be ok. tell other family members as well.

Shilpa

Hi Mahak, for starters, check them whenever they use inappropriate language and tell them the correct thing to say. Also, teach by example. Tell them that see Mumma also calls dadi/nani aap because they are older to her. this should get the message across to them.

very aggressive

my daughter is 2. 5 years old n she is very aggressive. If I say no for anything..

NT HAVING FOOD

Hii my son is 1 year 3 mnths. He had cold 10 days back. From tut time he s refus..

Worried about food

Mommies what do u guys feed for 16 months baby who suddenly refusing to eat any..

Sleep pattern for 1. 2 years old

My little one waking up frequently in the night for every 2 hrs. Either I have t..

Health

My son vivan is now 14 months old. His weight is approx 9. 5. Is this right for..

baby s tooth

my son two year old his front tooth enamel has gone completely what are the reme..

Food recipe

Can someone share what kind of food can b given to 16 months old baby ? Any reci..

badam

My son is 16 month old. Any one pls let me know how feed badam to him