Teaching respect to toddlers

Mahak

Hi, my 3 YO twin boys are getting very rude as they are growing. They are going to play school and learning a lot of things like talking disrespectfully to their elders. They do not refer anyone in the family as "AAP" rather all the time it is "TU".   Everyone in the family is always trying to make them learn family values and teaching them to talk with respect to everyone. But they don't listen.   Please suggest and guide how can I make them talk to everyone with respect?

• 5

Ishta

Totally agree with Neetu's views. Also it might just b a passind phase. Don't b too strict about it on them as it may have a negative effect. Just b patient and keep feeling them d correct way to behave.

Hi Mahak. I agree with the above suggestions. More often that not, leading by example works better than policing the child. Also a stern and firm attitude will help the chdilren get the message that this is not acceptable. I also suggest that you speak with the teachers at school to get a different viewpoint.

Monika

Mahak, it is good you are trying to correct them when they will still listen... tell them the correct things to say and behave; also if they don't listen to you, say that you will not respond to them/hear them if they say 'tu' and till they say 'aap'. only when they say 'aap' will you hear them out. stick to this and be consistent and they should be ok. tell other family members as well.

Shilpa

Hi Mahak, for starters, check them whenever they use inappropriate language and tell them the correct thing to say. Also, teach by example. Tell them that see Mumma also calls dadi/nani aap because they are older to her. this should get the message across to them.

Anger and shouting

Hey Moms, My 17 months baby girl is becoming agrressive day by day, she statrs s..

Biscuit to toddler

My kid (1 year 2 months) demands for biscuit a lot. Though I have alternate heal..

vaccine @ 18Months

what vaccination to be given at 18 months to the child. please share if anyone k..

food chart

I need daily food chart

Child not eating

My child is not eating anything for past 4 days... Wat should ido

baby s tooth

my son two year old his front tooth enamel has gone completely what are the reme..

Throwing tantrums and not listening

My daughter is turning 3yrs this month. Nowadays she is throwing tantrums,not li..

foods while travelling

Hi mommies..... my girl is 15 months old... im travelling to ooty... pls suggest..