Sports and Games

Tennis or cricket

gaurima

Hi Fellow Parents !!  I need your guidance as i feel confused about which sport should my 8 year old son pursue. He is very sporty and passionate about sports. He plays tennis very well and is undergoing coaching for the same. But he has been showing great interest in cricket since last year and keep practicing on his own and has started playing very well. Now he wishes to undertake cricket sweriously but don't wan't to leave tennis as well. I don't know what to do. I can't send him to both the classes !!  

• 5

gaurima

Thanks John for reminding me to take into consideration about the team dynamics vs Solo performance. That is indeed an important factor.

John Ben

If you think differently, ask yourself: which has more potential in future? cricket seems to hold the edge. also ask your son if he would love to represent the country in future. though he may not be sure at this young age, he may be tempted to think more seriously with this view. another thing: can he excel in a team game? or is he better playing solo? if you can somehow get few pointers to judge, you can help him choose.

gaurima

Wonderful suggestions , thanks to Bhavna n Shikha!!

I agree with Bhavna! U shd let ur child decide which game to pursue n if possible get him coaching for both say he can divide days mon to fri one game n weekends another. U can wait till he grows up n for himself decides which game to follow. The decision taken by him few years later when he wud be mature enough to decide wat he actually likes would be a responsible n wise one. there is no harm in sailing in two boats together as long as it is not disturbing his other activities but with a rider that the schedule should be planned wisely n he can stipulate some time for studies too.

it is so great to see children aspiring for excellence in more than one field of sports, as much as it is wonderful that your son wants to pursue both the sports at this age i think it may be wise to stick to one ( get professional coaching) but let your child decide which one that would be. Even in case he wants to let tennis take a back seat for now, it should be ok. As a parent you may want to make sure that you have an honest conversation with him about the pros and cons of each game and before you let him make the decision.

about sports diet

my son is 7 years old.. he is a swimmer.. so plz can u tell me about good nutrit..

games&sports

sports& games

which sports are ideal for girls of 7-11..

introducing sports and games in the daily routine. of kids

How to increase stamina in Kids?

My son is 7 years old and is doing Skating for almost an year now. He is good wi..

Sports

How encourage children to play sports

My son doesn't want to go outside to pla..

My son is 8 years old, he doesn’t want to go outside to play how can I push him?

Healthy and fit

I live in a locality with limited area or i would say no area or park as such fo..