Throwing things

yesheswini vernekar

Apr 02, 2014

Hi.. my son is 1. 5 yes.. he has this habit of throwing anything that is in his hand. Recently he threw his dad s mobile from the balcony.. If we say not to do something he does that.. tried all ways but no use he continue s to do it.. is he too young to understand and I should be patient and wait or should this problem be fixed now??if yes how do I do it??any help will be appreciated.. thank you.

• 4

Ankita A Talwar

Hi Yesheswini, I agree with Anurima that children are experimental at the stage and will try things out. Best is: keep expensive things out of his reach; try to stop him with a strict no (if he cries or throws a tantrum, let him). hope this is of value

yesheswini vernekar

Thank you.. will definitely try this..

You may also find some useful tips from this following blog: http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-say-no-to-a-child/390

Dear Yesheswini, you may keep important things such as mobile phones, tv remotes etc out of reach of your toddler. Children of this age want to experiment, so I guess your son loves to find out what happens to the things once he throws them out! It is all the more tempting when they are told not to do it. So if he takes something into the balcony, instead of saying no and focusing on the thing on his hand, try immediately distracting him. Point out to the sky saying there is a plane flying or show him a bird or even show his favourite toy from inside the house. Distracting your son will work better than directly saying no. If he wants to throw something out, try throwing pieces of bread (if it is allowed in your area), popcorn or something small which will be eaten by birds. But the best approach would be to discourage him from throwing things altogether. So distraction is one tried and tested ways. Do not get angry or get stressed if he takes something in his hands with the intention to throw. Pretend that you are not bothered and try to distract him with something else. Hope this helps.

constipation

hi my kid is 3years 2months old he had constipated when he was 2 years old since..

Toilet training

My daughter is 2. 6 years old. She stands and does the toilet wherever she is. S..

1. 6yr baby cries so much on all small t..

i dnt knw what to do feeling so upset coz my baby cry to much on small small iss..

agretion

mera beta 2 yr 8 mnths old hai... boht jyada gussa dikhata hai... apne toys fekt..

behaviour

mera beta aj Kal Bht chikta ha or chikta ha Bht jayda ziddi ho gaya ha. 2. 6 yea..

behavioural issues

my son gets very violent and angry when anything unpleasant or unacceptable to h..

problem in sleeping at night... any sugg..

my child is 13 months old... but he doesn't sleep well...

ADHD problem

hi, my child having ADHD problem not talking what to do