Thumb sucking!

Aabha

Hi.. I was surprised and worried at the same time to see no recent post about thumb sucking here! My daughter is 9 months old now and she has been sucking her thumb since she ws 5 and half months old . Our doc said not to worry Itz normal for babies to suck their thumb and she will grow out of her habit once she finds something else to soothe herself. I tried to stop her in the beginning but in vain.. now she sucks her thumb mostly when she sleeps. Has any mom gone through the same thing? I don't want her habit to worsen what do I do??

Anjna Mandeep Singh

hi abha my daughter also use to suck thumb sice sh ws born I was woried like u too as I stay far from my family I took her to my native place I dont know what change she experienced there she was too busy to explore things new and changes around her ..sh ws all tym accupied vd ppl childrens and watching animals ..thn suddenly I realised tht sh jus stop sucking her thumb ..I ws so glad to see tht. I wud suggest u that go somwhr whr sh has no tym for sucking thumb give her some change. it may work ..

Vasu Meenakshi

I have 5 months baby girl nd I too faced the same problem. I used to put gloves on her hands nd distract by playing wid her. whenever ur baby sucks thumb jz give her some distraction.

Priyanka Avinash

My baby is 2. 5 months old... and I am also facing same problem

Prerna Priyadarshini

Hi my son is also have same habit... He does this thing whenever he is hungry while sleeping. I hope once he start talking clearly his this habit will eliminate.

Heena Shahid

Hi... my daughter also suck her thumb at 3 month...... I cover her hand wid gloves so she can't find her thumb and distract for some tym but wen she hungry suck her thumb

Aabha

Thanks!

Shailaja NAVALE

Hey dear dont worry and dont get panic I had read somewhere ke kids do this for they need attention. Hey when ever u find her doing this just b cool and distract her by doing that by engaging her in some play ful activity slowly she will forget it and will never do it Even i hv nine months daughter she was also doing same frm her 3rd or 4th month and i used Play with her catching her hands in mine used hold her up make her dance holding her or some exercises and something like this now she dosent put her fingers in her mouth

gayatri chadwa

My daughter is 3mnths old and has started sucking her thumb.. but she does it only when she is hungry

Cold and cough

Will anybody plz tell me natural treatment for this cold and cough for my 5 mont..

corn cn be given to 7month bby

cn v gv corn to babies

First tooth for baby

Hi all when does first tooth of baby appears. My daughter is going to turn 1 thi..

poop

my 4month baby nt gng poop regularly

Not taking enough feed

Hello all.. my kid is ignoring feed at mornings and sleeps for a long time ..at..

thumb sucking

my 3 month old baby started to suck her thumb often.. how to stop it.. please he..

Hi ladies ...need new recipes for baby f..

any suggestions for food recipes for 10 month old baby... my LO seems to be bore..

eye infection

Both eyes of my lo are red since last 3-4 days. it started with one eye and in 2..