Thump sucking

Kirti Gupta

My boy is 4. 5months old. He's developed the habit of sucking his thump whenever he's not kept engaged. He developed this habit as soon as he touched the 4th month. I am making him wear mitten (hand gloves) but still he's sucking his thump Frm the mittens n wetting them. Please suggest what should I do?

Hi Kirti, Most doctors say that there is nothing wrong with thumb sucking as it is just a reflex action and a calming activity for the child. But I personally have seen that if it is not stopped soon enough, children tend to continue with it for long. You could apply something bitter on his thumb to get him off the habit, gently scold him, and pull the thumb out of his mouth when he gets it in. Be persistent. My daughter still hasnt given up.

Baby is teeting..

my baby girl is 10 months and is teeting she is getting fever on and off, no mo..

diaper

is it safe to use diaper to my 7 Month+ old baby girl?

sitting

hi.. my baby is of 9 mnths and still has not started to sit without support.. sh..

water should be given or not

few drops of water should b given to 3 months of baby. plz answer everyone is fo..

Vaccination

Does MMR vaccine cause autism in kids..

ABOUT SKIN CREAM

Is EUMODONE-M cream safety for 3months baby in daily use

my 12 months old not accepting cow's mil..

my daughter doesn't like taste of cow's milk she just crawl here and there to ge..