Thump sucking

Kirti Gupta

My boy is 4. 5months old. He's developed the habit of sucking his thump whenever he's not kept engaged. He developed this habit as soon as he touched the 4th month. I am making him wear mitten (hand gloves) but still he's sucking his thump Frm the mittens n wetting them. Please suggest what should I do?

Hi Kirti, Most doctors say that there is nothing wrong with thumb sucking as it is just a reflex action and a calming activity for the child. But I personally have seen that if it is not stopped soon enough, children tend to continue with it for long. You could apply something bitter on his thumb to get him off the habit, gently scold him, and pull the thumb out of his mouth when he gets it in. Be persistent. My daughter still hasnt given up.

about feeding

breast feeding

potty

I have twins they r doing almost green potty they r 3 months old

hi my boy is now 7month old. what type of food should give him and the time sche..

baby's hair

my baby is 8 months and she has lot of dandruff in her head. i have tried all th..

getting fairer look of my baby girl

hi, my baby is 3 nd half year old. her color is very dark. plz suggest some ti..

Cough & Cold

My kid is 2. 5 months old. He is having mild Cough & Cold. Can anyone suggest an..

Sleeping Issue

Hi friends can any say in which month baby sleep whole night without feed as my..