Thump sucking

Kirti Gupta

My boy is 4. 5months old. He's developed the habit of sucking his thump whenever he's not kept engaged. He developed this habit as soon as he touched the 4th month. I am making him wear mitten (hand gloves) but still he's sucking his thump Frm the mittens n wetting them. Please suggest what should I do?

Hi Kirti, Most doctors say that there is nothing wrong with thumb sucking as it is just a reflex action and a calming activity for the child. But I personally have seen that if it is not stopped soon enough, children tend to continue with it for long. You could apply something bitter on his thumb to get him off the habit, gently scold him, and pull the thumb out of his mouth when he gets it in. Be persistent. My daughter still hasnt given up.

Cough

My son has 8 months old he has too much dry cough n throat is block what can I d..

my baby is 3 months old

she has lot of white deposits on her scalp in d mid of head... its stuck so badl..

baby's hair

my baby is 8 months and she has lot of dandruff in her head. i have tried all th..

phenergan syrup

hi,my baby is 3 months old. Her PDT. prescribed phenergan syrup when she was suf..

best almond oil brand for babies

hi I want to know that which one is best almond oil brand for babies for massag..

hi i started dal ka pani for my 4n half..

When to start top feed when your child is on bottle feed?

scratching head

my 5th month baby is scratching her head. can anyone tell reason?