TV

Jatin Shah

Mar 28, 2015

mine daughter is 4 years old, all the time she just wants to watch "tarak mehta ka ulta chasma - sab ty" serial and has got very much addicted to it, how can i make her stop watching this serial as it comes whole day in sab tv.  

• 5

Nita Sahni

Jatin Shah - the link here for the live chat - http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/start-your-child-on-a-digital-detox-diet/1586

Nita Sahni

Hey Jatin, i participated in the Live chat on "Learning how to reduce gadget use by children" by parentune. I found it great, i think- you would find some answers there.

Monika

Jatin Shah, you can block the channel out. get her involved in some other things instead. Ask her to set the table for a meal, or help in the kitchen. children love doing these things and acting grown up, but we dont let them because it creates mess. give her some tasks to do where she feels all important and enjoys doing them.

Surabhi Chatterjee

Hi Jatin, is there someone in the house who is equally addicted to the show or TV? Children as young as 4, generally develop a taste for shows, when they watch adults watching it with interest. So, maybe you can request that person to not watch the show in the presence of your child. And if your daughter asks for it,tell her that the show no longer comes on TV. She will fret and cry for a few days, but if you involve her in something interesting, she will lose interest in it soon.

Meenu

Jatin Shah, When that show is about to come, say 5-10 mins earlier, involve her in something exciting such as take her outdoors, or start doign some finger painting with her, or ask her let's plant a sapling in a pot. Children get excited by these activities where they can get their hands dirty and messy. And keep the excitement up till the show time passes. Do it everyday, and once she stops following the show, she will lose interest.

using bad words

hi I have 3. 5 years son &he is using a bad words what should I do?

stomach pain

Hi all, My daughter is 5 yrs old... she is often getting stomach pain. v consult..

very hyper n restless

how to chanelize energy of my kids in positive direction

about confused questions. .

my son is 6. 9 yrs. He asks very critical questions (eg. about sexual organs) th..

confidence

my son is 3 years 10 months old. he is very intelligent but in front of others h..

my kid is not social

hello,, my son is 4. 3 but he is not much interactive... he hardly shows respons..

he is hyper active child. always roamin..

he is hyper active child. always roaming. have no fear. always argue, do not..