vaccine for pneumonia

Vandana

hi!my son is 3 + n his doc has given him a pneumonia vaccine that was around 4 k. n his doc said he ll give one more shot of pneumonia vaccine that ll cost around rs1200. My problem is i asked two other doc about the vaccine n one of them said that after giving that 4k vaccine there is no need for the other one. n the other doc said that u have to give that vaccine again when ur son is 4. 5 now i got three differnt opinion from three different doc about the same vaccine n i m very much confused.

• 6

Vandana

hi doc!my son got the shot of prevenar only but his doc said we should also give him pneumo-23after two month

Dr Vaneet Parmar

At the age of 3. 5 years , the child only gets one pneumonia vaccine - Prevenar. The one costing 1200/- must be some other one and not Prevenar. There is only one vaccine available for Pneumonia in the Indian market Prevenar or Synflorix. Can you confirm which vaccine the doctors have prescribed for your child?

If it is a booster, it is probably essential. Also, it might be better too go by your original doctors advise since he is the one who gave the 4k vaccine.

Promita Bhowmick

My son has been given 2 shots of 4k each and it was recommended by his pead. It absolutely and important too.

Vandana

hi payal.. actually the problem is one doc said i should give the rs4k vaccine n the other one said i should give the rs1200 vaccine. i think the 4k one is a booster.. so m still confused

Actually you have two opinions. Two doctors said you have to, one said you need not. You probably would want to go with the majority. Just ask your original pediatrician when you need to give the second shot.

my baby shower 1 yr 8 month. she so nt h..

my baby shower nt having her food properly

About teeth

Hello moms. My baby boy is 16 month old but uske only 2 teeth aaye hai uper ke...

hello everyone my daughter is 19 month...

hello everyone my daughter is 19 month. she have cavity prob.

poop

hi... my BB 1. 5 his poop like adult. i m so worried .plz suggest wt I do???

stop bf

my 1. 5 baby shows no interest in any food and he doesn't like Buffalo's or cow..

brushing

hi my son doesnot brush. When in the morning I brush with him he takes my brush..

hi my ayushna is 1y 11m now a days eati..

my babies bad habit rectify

hair on forehead

mere baby ke forehead per bahut hair hai can u suggest something he is 21 months..