vaccine for pneumonia

Vandana

hi!my son is 3 + n his doc has given him a pneumonia vaccine that was around 4 k. n his doc said he ll give one more shot of pneumonia vaccine that ll cost around rs1200. My problem is i asked two other doc about the vaccine n one of them said that after giving that 4k vaccine there is no need for the other one. n the other doc said that u have to give that vaccine again when ur son is 4. 5 now i got three differnt opinion from three different doc about the same vaccine n i m very much confused.

• 6

Vandana

hi doc!my son got the shot of prevenar only but his doc said we should also give him pneumo-23after two month

Dr Vaneet Parmar

At the age of 3. 5 years , the child only gets one pneumonia vaccine - Prevenar. The one costing 1200/- must be some other one and not Prevenar. There is only one vaccine available for Pneumonia in the Indian market Prevenar or Synflorix. Can you confirm which vaccine the doctors have prescribed for your child?

If it is a booster, it is probably essential. Also, it might be better too go by your original doctors advise since he is the one who gave the 4k vaccine.

Promita Bhowmick

My son has been given 2 shots of 4k each and it was recommended by his pead. It absolutely and important too.

Vandana

hi payal.. actually the problem is one doc said i should give the rs4k vaccine n the other one said i should give the rs1200 vaccine. i think the 4k one is a booster.. so m still confused

Actually you have two opinions. Two doctors said you have to, one said you need not. You probably would want to go with the majority. Just ask your original pediatrician when you need to give the second shot.

cold n throat infection

my daughter is 18 months old,every month she will be having tonsils,cold n cough..

weight gain

hi my daughter is 2 yrs 8 months old but her weight is 12 kg . How to increase..

fever, blood infection

mere bete ko bhut days se fever h aj cuff bhi bhut ho gyi h,plz give me some sa..

teething

hi, my son is 1. 5 months into teething process. he is suffering from losse moti..

Rusk for baby

Hi . . Pls suggest me, can i give rusk with milk for my 14month boy baby

brain work

I want to know my baby is lefty or righty

nutrition

should we give multivitamin syrup to 1 year baby