Vit. D3 defeciency

Shruti Saluja

My daughter is 10yr. old. she was complaining me abt the pain in her joints & other body parts from 2 mths. I took her to an orthopaedic. He asked me to get her blood tested for calcium, alkaline phosphorus & vit. d(25 oh). The result was calcium is 8. 7mg & po4 is normal & vit. d is 7. 2(which is very low) Then the ortho prescribed to give her vit. d3 sachet twice a week for a mth & the once in a week for 6 weeks +1 gemcal in a day Pls. eecommend

• 2

Sneha Kotak

Hi shruti... vit D deficiency is very commonly seen in kids of this generation because of the lack of out door activities and increased exposure of kids to computer games which leaves them with minimal sun exposure. vit d deficiency in the long run affects almost each and every system of the body. So if detected early,please treat it. There is no harm is no harm in giving the sachets as prescribed but make sure that she gets enough sun exposure so that it doesn't recur in future. For any more queries,please feel free to contact me at drsneha231@yahoo. com

Hi Shruti, if the doctor has recommended Vitamin D you should start on it. Vit D deficiency has become very common in India these days and has life long impact on child's health. So please do not delay.

overweight

hi! my 10 yrs. old daughter 's weight is continuously growing. she seems fatty..

worried about health n fitness of my dau..

My 9 years old daughter doesn't like to eat any healthy food...... only likes to..

my child dosent put on weight he is underweight

my son have allergy he have cold n cough at every time specially in winter I ta..

mile

my 8 yrs daughter has a mole behind her n3ck and scratches occasionally. what sh..

my son is 10 years old his weight is 46kg. He is over weight then how I give die..

hight & weight

my son is 7 year old so I want to need manage his hight & weight. pls. tell so..

weak eye-sight

Please suggest some remedy to improve the eye-sight(-3. 5) of 8. 5 year girl ch..