Vit. D3 defeciency

Shruti Saluja

My daughter is 10yr. old. she was complaining me abt the pain in her joints & other body parts from 2 mths. I took her to an orthopaedic. He asked me to get her blood tested for calcium, alkaline phosphorus & vit. d(25 oh). The result was calcium is 8. 7mg & po4 is normal & vit. d is 7. 2(which is very low) Then the ortho prescribed to give her vit. d3 sachet twice a week for a mth & the once in a week for 6 weeks +1 gemcal in a day Pls. eecommend

• 2

Sneha Kotak

Hi shruti... vit D deficiency is very commonly seen in kids of this generation because of the lack of out door activities and increased exposure of kids to computer games which leaves them with minimal sun exposure. vit d deficiency in the long run affects almost each and every system of the body. So if detected early,please treat it. There is no harm is no harm in giving the sachets as prescribed but make sure that she gets enough sun exposure so that it doesn't recur in future. For any more queries,please feel free to contact me at drsneha231@yahoo. com

Hi Shruti, if the doctor has recommended Vitamin D you should start on it. Vit D deficiency has become very common in India these days and has life long impact on child's health. So please do not delay.

irritating bowl movements

my 8 years boy has been complaining about irritating bowl movement. not exactly..

hight & weight

my son is 7 year old so I want to need manage his hight & weight. pls. tell so..

my daughter is 1o yrs old. she is not ea..

tried but no use... she cries... pls help me ..

Food For My Girl

kindly tell me what is a balance diet for my 7 year old girl.

mile

my 8 yrs daughter has a mole behind her n3ck and scratches occasionally. what sh..

thank you sukanya ji & shreya ji

she eats dry chapati with pickles fastly.. but when roti n sabji comes she eats..

fever & blood infection

my son son is suffering from fever & blood infection from last 15 days

health and food