Vomiting due to iron and calcium supplements

Swati Samani

I m in 4th month of pregnancy. My doctor prescribed iron and calcium supplements after 3rd month. I take both the medicine together after breakfast and just after one hour I vomit out.

Runuru Sahu

hi, I m too in 4month ,Iron n cal tablets are supposed to be taken in different timing, cal wid brkfast n iron one hr bfr or after dinner. try it .n also consult doctor about it.

Sruthi Patiballa

Hello I remember that my doctor told me that we shouldn't take iron and calcium tablets together. She said me to have iron tablet in the morning after breakfast calcium after lunch and omega3 after dinner. I'm sure that both iron and calcium shouldn't be take at a time. Try this. Hope it helps you

Neha Dhingra

I'm in 5th month .. My doc has advised me to take iron in evening with a glass of fresh orange juice and calcium at night before bed.. Workong fine for me.. Ask ur doc and try it..

Haritima Pandey

Hi swati.... See I used take both tablets for one time only.. So iron at night nd calcium in morning. So plz first confirm to ur doc abt timing... It's imp..

Madhavi M

Take one tablet in lunch time and another one in dinner time but check with Doctor

Namrata

You should keep a gap of atleast 2 hours between iron and calcium tablets. It is also adviced not to taking calcium food items like milk etc with iron as this results in iron not being absorbed by the body. Try and take vitamin C with iron like oranges etc as it helps in iron absorption. If you still have vomiting you should consult your doc as the medicines may not be suiting you and the doc may want to change the same.

Tanu Manocha

Iron and calcium must not be taken together There should be a gap of minimum 4 hours

Placenta Position

I am 27 week pregnant. In my anomaly scan it is written "The placenta is implant..

Calcium tablet issue

Hi em in my 32 week and was advised to take calcimax tablet but instead I am tak..

regarding child health

do & don't do list at 3rd. month of pregnancy

Folic acid

In first trimester when is the best time to take folic acid supplement? Is it af..

respiratory problem

hi, I m 32 weeks pregnant and suffering from respiratory problem. may be it is b..

pregnancy

if umbilical cord turns baby's head in 32 week ,is there any possibility to com..

cough since 6 days

iam having cough since 7 days ..... first 4 days ii took benidryl cough syrup 3..

Crazy Wifey

My wife is 22 weeks pregnent and is like depressed all the time. Also, she has t..