Health and Wellness Food and Nutrition

Waxy apples

Mar 29, 2013

hi friends, there is a post that keeps coming up on facebook about apples having a waxy coating to make them appear shiny. This morning, I scraped a shiny (and much expensive) apple with a knife and a layer of a white substance did come off on the knife. Though it wasn't  as much in quantity as is shown in the pictures, however was enough to worry me.   After trying to rub and wash it off, I eventually decided to do away with the peel itself.   Just wanted to share with fellow mums..    

Yes thts the truth all shiny apples are used wax for long storage purposes... I always peal before giving my son.

Savio Mascarenhas

Hi Neetu, Thanks for sharing this info. We will surely watch out.

Shanaya

Oh, never tried that. thanks for sharing :)

Hey Neetu, I remember reading this somewhere too. To unsuspecting people shiny apples looks healthier and tastier. I will make sure to check the apples with a knife too, then wash and wipe them dry before eating. Thanks for sharing this tip.

thanks neetu , i guess my obsession with cleaning and double cleaning the fruits helped i tried the same thing at home and thankfully the appeles were ok... but i am going to watch out for the waxy coating in the future

idly

what to mix with idly? my baby is 6months

Cancer problem in a family

Hello. My Mil is suffering from bone cancer.. her chemotherapy haven't started y..

umbilical cord

There is a lot of advertising on stem cell preservation, is it really important..

Reusable dipers

Is anyone using reusable diaper? can any one tell which brand will be best?

Hi.. my mil is suffering from bone cance..

My Mil is suffering my bone cancer. she takes my 9 months old daughter and kiss..

hair fall

i have 11 months baby... when he was 4 i noticed extreme hair fall.. it continu..

12 weeks pregnant

I m 12 week pregnant now also I am feeling tired and head ache vomiting is ther..

oil n shampoo for hair

My Lil one s 16 months nw. til nw am using johnsons baby products for hair oil a..