Health and Wellness Food and Nutrition

Waxy apples

Mar 29, 2013

hi friends, there is a post that keeps coming up on facebook about apples having a waxy coating to make them appear shiny. This morning, I scraped a shiny (and much expensive) apple with a knife and a layer of a white substance did come off on the knife. Though it wasn't  as much in quantity as is shown in the pictures, however was enough to worry me.   After trying to rub and wash it off, I eventually decided to do away with the peel itself.   Just wanted to share with fellow mums..    

Yes thts the truth all shiny apples are used wax for long storage purposes... I always peal before giving my son.

Savio Mascarenhas

Hi Neetu, Thanks for sharing this info. We will surely watch out.

Shanaya

Oh, never tried that. thanks for sharing :)

Hey Neetu, I remember reading this somewhere too. To unsuspecting people shiny apples looks healthier and tastier. I will make sure to check the apples with a knife too, then wash and wipe them dry before eating. Thanks for sharing this tip.

thanks neetu , i guess my obsession with cleaning and double cleaning the fruits helped i tried the same thing at home and thankfully the appeles were ok... but i am going to watch out for the waxy coating in the future

hi every1... I'm sutapa... I want 2 know till how much time is it normal to have..

related to ma periods after delivery

hello frnds, I got ma periods soon after a month of c section delivery, this is..

blood infection

my daughter has blood infection 17000 with fever and cough .i consult with docto..

weight loss

after c- section how to tighten belly... 5 months completed still I didn't get..

Hair fall post pregnancy

Hello everyone my baby is 6 months old have tremendous hairfall please suggest s..

what do you all think about NESTUM rice?

like every other mum I'm also concerned with how should I start with semi solid..

Snacks

My Lil one is 1yr 5 months. She loves fresh cheese. Is tat Ok if I give fresh..