Weight gain while breastfeeding

Namrata

Hi All, My baby just turned 3 months. Hes completely on breastfeed. All my friends and relatives who have visited mention that he looks very weak. I want to know whether breastfeed babies gain lesser as compared to formula fed babies? What is the ideal weight at 3 months for a baby boy. If lesser than ideal should i start formula?

Priya Verma

I have 11 months daughter she caught cough and cold very easily as weather change.. what to do..

Don't pay heed to others. Everything is fine. Just relax and enjoy your motherhood and the special bonding you share with your baby.

gayatri chadwa

I agree with Aparna.. dont pay heed to what others say.. not all babies look chubby.. if the baby is active and gaining weight its fine... breastfeed exclusively till 6 months.

Aparna Sripada

Hi. His weight seems good. Do not care about others and their comments. If he is reaching all milestones, playful and happy that is it. Ideally at 6 months baby should gain double the birth weight and at 12 months 3 times. So chill.

Tanvi Naidu

It's appropriate as my baby girl was 2. 9 while birth n now it's 4. 8

Namrata

Just to add the birthweight is 2. 7 and he is 4. 5 now

6 months girl baby is not eating solids..

I have tried all like rice kanji,boiled apple puree,boiled carrot puree and bana..

taking less milk

hi all my baby has just completed 4 months yesterday. she is having less milk si..

swelling on left side neck.

i have noticed that there is ball like substance on her left side of her neck in..

Babies might starve with shields..

hi mommies, here is an advice, who ever using nipple shields in the early weeks..

First tooth for baby

Hi all when does first tooth of baby appears. My daughter is going to turn 1 thi..

in which month baby is ready for walker?

my baby is 8 months 6days old. he love to stand on his foot when he is on my lap..

cold and cough

My seven month old baby is having cough. initially she had cold but now it's cou..