What to do?

Surabhi Chatterjee

Apr 25, 2014

My son often has phases when he will do the opposite of what I ask him to do. How to curb this?

• 2

I agree with Neha here. If he intentionally ignores you, then you may ignore his actions too. Pointing it out or making a big deal out of what he is doing wrong may tempt him to do more. WHen he sees that you are not interested or no one is paying attention, he is likely to stop. Could you elaborate on what he does? Such as an instance or action? Thanks!

Neha

Hi Surabhi, I'll suggest that in such phases, you should stop asking him to do anything and become quiet. Later, when you feel that he is in a decent mood, you should ask him to do the things you asked him earlier. Make sure that he does what he is asked to do. In case he refuses to listen to you even then, you'd have to talk it out with him when he is in a better mood. Please ensure that he is aware of your sentiments when it comes to his behavior in such phases. If dealt with a little strictly, I'm sure you'll be able to overcome this problem. Cheers

separation n how to explain it to child

I hv recently separated with my hubby but my kids r not aware of what's happenin..

My son don't lyk to giv answer to his t..

Child psychology 3to7 year

my son is having problem in speech. i wa..

he is good in everything tat what ever we teach him but finds difficulty in form..

child psychology..

my son is 3. 5 years he is in nursery. He is super active and brilliant boy. but..

communication problem

my child 5 yers old. he can addition. number dictation. but school want..

Short tempered

Hello, my son is not even 5 but when we don't give in to his demands he starts..

child Pysochology

My Son is about to complete 5 years . He is very friendly with everyone. He call..

interaction with others

my daughter is 4 yr old she does not interact with other kids in our flat while..