What to do?

Surabhi Chatterjee

Apr 25, 2014

My son often has phases when he will do the opposite of what I ask him to do. How to curb this?

• 2

I agree with Neha here. If he intentionally ignores you, then you may ignore his actions too. Pointing it out or making a big deal out of what he is doing wrong may tempt him to do more. WHen he sees that you are not interested or no one is paying attention, he is likely to stop. Could you elaborate on what he does? Such as an instance or action? Thanks!

Neha

Hi Surabhi, I'll suggest that in such phases, you should stop asking him to do anything and become quiet. Later, when you feel that he is in a decent mood, you should ask him to do the things you asked him earlier. Make sure that he does what he is asked to do. In case he refuses to listen to you even then, you'd have to talk it out with him when he is in a better mood. Please ensure that he is aware of your sentiments when it comes to his behavior in such phases. If dealt with a little strictly, I'm sure you'll be able to overcome this problem. Cheers

for controll agressiveness

my both children gets angry earlier... they fights too much for one thing.. they..

shy

my child is very shy n he is very angry sometimes

behavior

My son is 3 years 6 month. He is in Nursery. He is ok at home .But out side he i..

behaviour

his behaviour is being more rude day by day and not at al listening to bth of us

Not pronouncing correctly letter R.

she is not pronouncing R letter words correctly. now she is 5 years 6 months..

discipline

my son is 3 years 2 months old. he loves to be social but needs few days to be n..