What to look for in a good Day-Care?

Harinder Chhabra

Hi,   I was wondering what all should I look for in a good Day Care for my child where he can go after his school. Some points come to my mind is security, hygiene and staff grooming. What else?   Thanks for the help in advance.

Mansi Srivastava

Harinder Chhabra. There are so many abuse cases so please see if male staff is allowed inside; what about visitor policy; can parents walk inside wthout being stopped; cctv camera operations and locations; food being given or not; whether toilets are child friendly with low seats and low washbasins, whether there are enough disposable tissues in thebathroom, availability of management staff in case of grievance are some things to thinkt hrough.

Sojal

Hi Harinder Chhabra, when i was looking for a day care, one thing i realised that is very important is the feedback system the daycare has. I preferred ones where there was a diary telling you daily how much the child ate and what, when the child did potty, when and how long he slept, teachers were available on phone. Also, I prefer where children carry lunch from home. In this, the daycare sends back whatever food the child didn't eat so you knew what he had and what he didn't.

Monika

Hi Harinder Chhabra, you can also ask what sort of activities are children made to do. Good day cares have organized and planned activities , such as craft, for children rather than just letting them do free play. this will tell you how they keep children busy. most will put up children's work on display on the walls, if they do.

Shilpa

Harinder Chhabra, It is also important to check the ratio of children to the staff and helpers. It shouldn't happen that there are more children than the staff can handle. Also, the age group of teachers. There should be a mix of peppy young staff, to keep up with the energy of the child, with one or two senior ones who can control children. hope this helps.

Eating problem

If she is hungry to she won't have food up to she not get mobile in hands... how..

my daughter is 2. 7, has tonsils. what..

2. 7 year. daughter has tonsillitis

not reply my query

sir why don't you reply my query. I asked my query on 29 march but you don't re..

Throwing tantrums and not listening

My daughter is turning 3yrs this month. Nowadays she is throwing tantrums,not li..

baby is going violent

my 1. 5 year baby boy is becoming more and more violent these days. he pulls hai..

my baby is 2. 1 yr but doesn't talk

hello everyone.. my baby is 2. 1 yr but till now he doesn't talk.. he say only m..

speach delay

my 25 months daughter has hardly 20 words in her dictionary. She doesn't express..

my 2 year girl is having 2 to 3 pimples..

my 2 year 2 month baby girl is having a few pimples on her face what does it ind..