when do baies start walking?

Ambereen

hi !! my kid is 15 months old. quite active but has not started to walk yet.   he is happy crawling . he gets up on his knees but hardly stands with support. he rides his toy car which involves a lot of paddling.   Is there a age limit to by when a baby should start walking ?  

Ambereen, as Anurima says, there is no specific time for a child to start anything. While my daughter started walking at the age of 7 months, she never crawled. A friends daughter however did not start walking till she was 1. 5 years old. Every child has his or her own time to reach a milestone. If your child is happy and healthy, please do not worry.

Binsy Benny

Even my daughter started walking after 14 months and now it is really hard to keep up with her... Hang in there, he will soon be chasing you!!! :)

Virendra

Hi Ambreen, You need not worry about it my daughter didn't start walking by the time she was 1 yr. Enjoyed crawling and then suddenly at starting of 14th month she started walking. She is 15 mnths now and walks all around. I even consulted a pediatrician and he said give your girl her own time and cherish her childhood. Every child is unique in their own way. So don't worry.

Ambereen

thanx anurima.... less stressed now !! true abt them growing fast ... sigh !!!

Ambereen

Hi Ambereen. Each child reaches his/her milestone at their own pace. There is no age limit as such on when a child should start walking. You need not worry as long as your son have been reaching his other milestones in more or less the right time. My daughter took her first steps at 16 months. My son is a year now and doesn't stand up even with support and is only crawling. I had taken him for his routine check up today and the pediatrician said as long as he is moving in some way or the other, there is nothing to worry about. We as parents are always anxious to see our baby start to talk, walk and run.. Once they do all this, we wonder how did they grow up so fast?? :)

Hair pulling habit

Hi. My son is 19months old. He is super active. But the one thing that bothers m..

not obeying

I don't know what I have to do how to make my son to be obedient, not listening..

Exesiv of urin discharge

My 18month old baby doing urine 8 to 10tyms in a day.. Is it normal

viral fever

hello parents.. how to treat viral fever... and why its happen for 1. 4 year bab..

My child is 13 months now. He has starte..

Whole day he just wants to walk and at night his legs started paining kindly sug..

potty training

hello. my daughter is 2. 5 year old, I recently potty trained her. 15-20 days ev..

hello my son having problem while speaki..

stammering or stutters in children

avoid milk

hello,my child is 3years,i full my child tummy with solid but by giving solids 3..