Whether day care is the right option for a child or a care t

Janhavi Deshpande

Apr 15, 2015

I used to drop my baby at a day care. He used to love the place and became friends with other kids. But then he started catching infection frequently so I stopped sending him there. Now when he's at home, he wants me to be around all the time and if I keep on doing some household work, he becomes sad!

Aanchal

Hi Janhavi, if you can provide a enough stimulating environment for the child at home, someone to play with him, keep him busy, take care of his mealtimes, then I think it is okay to keep him at home. but if it is just a maid you will be trusting him to, then think for a daycare. maids are unreliable and teach children things such as don't tell mom etc.. not nice at all.

Rachna

Janhavi Deshpande, in my experience, I find a daycare better in all respects for the child--child learns social skills, being away from home, defending for himself, and there are so many things he will do there are compared to sitting at home, watching TV or getting scolded for coming in everyone's way. About infections, the first time your child will get exposed to a school or daycare, whether at the age of 3 or 4, he is bound to catch infections etc. This will slowly settle as he grows older and builds him immunity. as long as there is no serious health issues, i dont think you need to worry. alternatively you can check with your paediatrician too for an immunity building supplement. hope htis helps.

Food recipe

Can someone share what kind of food can b given to 16 months old baby ? Any reci..

not obeying

I don't know what I have to do how to make my son to be obedient, not listening..

My child anger behaviour.

he is very short tampered. if no one listen to him or agree with his,he start th..

misbehavior

hi all.. can anyone guide how to deal in a situation where child is lifting hand..

NT HAVING FOOD

Hii my son is 1 year 3 mnths. He had cold 10 days back. From tut time he s refus..

syrup bandy

as per doc advise I gave bandy syrup on Friday night 5ml and was advised to give..

Health

My son vivan is now 14 months old. His weight is approx 9. 5. Is this right for..

Banana in winters

can i give banana to my 15 months old baby in winters as she loves banana a lot