Which oil is the best for baby's hair?

Sukirti Jha

Hi Mommies, My baby is 3 months old and so far I have been using Ramdev mustard oil for her hair. The oil is good but too heavy and sticky. I am using olive oil for her body massage. Can the same oil be used for her hair as well? Any other suggestions?

Puja Gera

I use lal tail for body.. N olive oil for hair... Olive oil is good.. Coconut oil has a cooling effect, so not suggested for use during winters.

almond oil

Sukirti Jha

Many thanks to you all for your valuable inputs. ☺

Bhavani Patnaik

Mustard oil is gud choice during winter. But almond oil is gud for all seasons to give massage. For hair doc suggesyed me to use coconut oil

Neha Jain

For winter's I use olive oil both for body and hair. I mix the same with a Lil almond oil as well. I use figaro olive oil and baby biotique almond oil. I am very content with both. Ideally Mustard oil is also good but it's suggested not to use the same for kids as it may have some irritants for the baby. In summers please do not use olive oil as it is very warm. Use Coconut oil instead. Happy Parenting!!

Archita Jha

Hi Sukirti. You can use mustard oil for massaging her body for its anyways winter and mustard oil is traditionally used for heat producing effect. Olive oil is also good for body massage. But please try and not use mustard oil for the hair because of its heat, its generally known to affect the hair quality and lead to premature greying. Use coconut oil instead.

Shruti Mehta

Almond oil for hair is d best, gud for all season not very hot in summers n not very cold in winters.... post 1 year of age use whatever oil u r using for urself

Surbhi Singhal

Sesame oil

cold with blocked nose

my baby is 5 Months and his nose is blocked is facing problem during breathing a..

runny nose

pls suggest some home remedy for running nose...

about poop

my baby is 11mnth old and her poop is tight and lightly redish clr?wt is d reaso..

facing gas n constipation

my son is 6 months 3 weeks. please suggest me how to tackle with gas n constipa..

Child cry without any reason.

please suggest me how to handle My Little Angel When she crying without any reas..

Cough and cold.

My son is 9 months old and usually he is having problem of heavy cough in night...

diper rash

hi my baby is 9 mnths old. i use dipers nd in winters the no. has incresd. plz s..

feeding issues

my baby at times rejects keftbreast and is very fussy. he has nasal congetion an..