Work and life balance!

Padmavathy Murugan

Dear Mommies, Being working mother, I have too much things to work with before start my regular schedule. My baby is 3 months old and I will return to work before he completes 5th month. I'm unsure what I should feed or keep him full and when do I have to start with other foods.. Though I'm gonna take a call with his pediatrician but I would like get some suggestions as there are other ppl who will be facing the same issue. And I had to work, having no option and I need to stay away from my baby for 12 hours a day.. How can I plan it? I have to take care of the family and the baby which is more prior :(

• 4

Archana Prasanth

Hi... I am a doctor cum mom of my 5 month baby and will be returning to work anytime. I know being a doctor that exclusive breast feeding for mandatory.... but its not practical for some people like me.. who have to do night duties like me. so I started my little one on complementary feed.. so that even if he doesn't have enough milk in my absence something nutritious goes to him. I started Gerber organic single cereal oatmeal with milk.. and my son is doing well with it. it's bit costly but damm good weaning food. available only on e-bay website.

Gss Himabindu

Hi... My baby is in her third month I need to get back to work in her 5th month... My pediatric has told me to practice feeding and storage of breast milk in bottle... So I have started it. In the night and early in the morning I breast feed her directly... Through the day I bottle feed her... So far so good... You should consult your pediatric immediately and follow the procedure immediately... Avent Philips manual breast pumps are good which am using right now.... But if u can afford u can go for electric breast pumps in Philips. Hope this helps u.

Namrata

I am under the same dilemma! My baby is also 3 months and i need to join back work in next 2 months. My peadiatrician has advised only breastfeeding till 6 months. Im not sure if expressing milk will sustain throughout the day or should i try formula at this stage to check if my baby digests it.

gayatri chadwa

Hi.. can understand your dilema.. Usually its preferrable if you only breastfeed the baby til 6 months.. so if your baby is exclusively on breastfeed you can continue so by expressing milk using a breastpump... You can freeze the milk or refrigerate it and whoever takes care of the baby can feed him that. Also take the advice of your peds.. incase you wish you can start with formula..

please advice

I have been feeding my 3. 5 month lo with pumped breastmilk since last 2. 5 mont..

About weight

Hi mom's my baby is 6 month old but weight is 5. 500 y the weight is not increas..

Gripe water

What could be the quantity of gripe water to a 3 months old baby?

How to stop breastfeeding

Tips to stop breastfeeding

Xprot apart with mother milk to 5 months..

My brother's daughter is 5 months now and they are using Xprot apart with mother..

Age calculation

Hi please help me how to calculate age for babies.. my girl was born on Oct 19 2..

taking finger in mouth

my baby is of 2. 5 month. he has started taking finger in his mouth. is this be..

best bottle for 3. 5 months baby

my baby is 3. 5 months old. i have been exclusively breastfeeding him till now b..