Worried about my baby

Varsha Prashanth

Hi all, my son is 7 months old. He is almost 10 kgs (22pounds). He turns on his stomach and rotates all around and also he crawls backward but doesn't crawl forward. I have tried everything from keeping a toy and make him come forward he lunges forward to grab it but wont crawl. He sits with support and still can't sit on his own. I saw few articles and videos where babies sits on their own and eats on their own. I am freaking out. Has anyone gone through this. Pls help

• 7

Do read both articles.

Renuka M

Also don't be carrying your kid all the time or in walker. let him spend maximum of his time of floor, so that he can try and explore new things.

Renuka M

Hi Varsha.. First of all there is no reason to freak out just because your son is not crawling forward. It very normal and every kid take their own time to reach their milestone. Something they may even skip some and directly start standing alone with help of support. My son, when he was 7 months old also faced same problem. He used to put his maximum effort to crawl forward and reach the toys but he used to landing in moving backward. Which made him irritated and he used to start crying. But gradually in end of 8th month he started to stand with help of furniture and gradually he started to crawl with full speed. My suggestion is give little more time to your baby and don't panic.

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

My daughter Aria is the same age as your son and she started slithering ( crawling using her elbows ) only last week .. She still can't sit in her own and need support .. My point is just relax! Our babies are doing just fine :) every child has her /his own time of teaching these growth milestones .. So not to worry that your child is lagging behind ... In order to facilitate crawling pls let your baby be on the floor and give him ample tummy time in the day .. This will help them control and find new motor skills .. Also make him sit with support to teach sitting .. All the best :)

Mehak

Hi Varsha Prashanth its really normal to crawl backwards, most of the babies don't crawl forward initially. All babies are different and have different capabilities so just encourage your child to sit and crawl. More you try better the results.

my baby gog to complete 6month

pls advice momies wht food to strt wid baby aftr completing 6months as of now my..

How to stop breastfeeding

Tips to stop breastfeeding

2. 5 mnths old baby

from wen baby can spread her hands towards us so dat we can pick her up

shampooing

hi... pls suggest me wat shampoo n soap to use for my 5 month old baby.. n also..

cosleeping problem

my baby does not cosleep what do i do

cough,cold... vomiting food

hi moms.. my baby s 11 months... since few days she s suffering with cold,cough...

child sitting in 6 months

hey frnds my baby is 6 and half months now and he doesn't sit yet can anyone sug..

sipper

when shall I start sipper to my baby?