Yellow discharge from the eyes of the lil one !!

Isha Mudgil

My 4 months baby's eye has outer rim red and some yellow discharge is coming out of it. This makes her eye look smaller and watery ...and in the morning this discharge dries which makes her eye lashes stick together ... I use cotton dipped in warm water to clean her eyes... Why this happens ??? Anyone ??? And what can be done ???

Isha Mudgil

Thanks Pooja.... I was lil worried ... Even I have tried putting some of breast milk drops in her eyes..... Heard its a great medicine for nose ,eyes and throat.

Pooja

N jus keep cleaning the eyes with warm water. Nothing else. .

Pooja

Hi isha. I have the same tearing and watery eyes for my baby right from her birth. When I checked with ped, he told the tear ducts are not matured enough for some babies thus leading to blocked ducts. He told to massage by pulling out the nose giving pressure on the tear ducts. By 6 months, watering n discharge vl reduce and be fine. For my daughter it has reduced drastically but not fully. Still when she wakes up yellow discharge is there n her eyelashes gets stuck n eye lids too stuck but has reduced. Just make sure baby doesn't rub eyes. Hope I got ur question cleared. Happy parenting :)

odomos

can we use odomos for 6 month old baby?? if no then what's the way to prevent th..

Red spot in eyes

Hi everyone, My baby boy will be 8 months old. Here in delhi,its extre. e cold i..

periods

hello friends dec month I get my first periods after delivery. so flow was heavy..

Breastfeeding

Hey everyone My baby is a premature He was born in 27 week I fed him my milk..

balguti

can i give balgutti kesariya to my 3 month old. or any other brand suggested? he..

cold in infants

pls suggest some home remedies to cure cold and cough for 8 month old baby........

Health mix

Hi moms, can i give manna health mix for my 7 months old baby?

Dark green poop

my baby is doing Dark green watery poop.. is it normal?