At the age of 2 or 3 yrs , kids take admissions in pre nursery or nursery classes and are seperated from their mothers. do this hurt them psychologically? as most of the children miss their mothers badly and therefor cry for long.health Corner
Ages 2 and 3 are identified as ages for learning to begin in a child. Developmentally speaking, it is a good time to begin education for a child. Having said that, separation from a parent for a few hours in a day can be perceived as a bolt out of nowhere by a child. Clinically we call this emotional state, seperation anxiety disorder. Not all children go through them but children who are extremely attached to parents experience this. Other children adapt to this momentary separation very well. In cases where children and parents struggle, I have put down a few points to help you handle this difficult period.
1. It is advised that you gradually expose the child to a few hours of seperation from their mother or care taker.
2. Decide on when you want to leave the child and when you will be back. 3. Decide on who will be primary care taker during your time of absence. Probably a grandparent or a dear friend, someone who can trust your child with.
4. Maintain consistency of time. Stick to your plan and do not delay as much as possible because if you do, the child thinks you have abandoned her. As a result the child learns to mistrust you.
5. Praise the child when he has behaved well in your absence.
6. Repeat this scenario a couple of times, till the child is comfortable. As always practice always makes you perfect. I hope this helps.