helllo good day... I am 5 months pregnant and my weight is still thesame(54kg), is it ok to eat oats with fruits in the morning and evening but I eat rice and chicken meat at lunch time? People keep telling me to eat more rice so my baby gonna grow big.. I'm 32 yrs old and this is my first baby?...

Created by
Updated on Sep 26, 2019

education Corner This is an instant, automated response to support you


Weight gain in pregnancy

A lady on an average gains 10-11 kgs of total weight during pregnancy. If your weight is not increasing accordingly you can follow the following diet:

  • On waking up- 4-5 soaked almonds + 1 Cup of milk
  • Breakfast- 1 Bowl upma/poha/oats porridge
  • Mid-morning- 1 Fruit
  • Lunch- 2 Rotis with sabzi and dal or dal chawal with salad or paneer pulav with raita
  • Evening- 1 Fruit + 1 Bowl poha chivda/dry bhel/ragda /chana chaat/rajma chaat
  • Dinner- Same as lunch
  • Bed-time- 1 Cup milk.

Remeber to take supplements as prescribed by your gynecologist on time. You can also go through this blog to get more ideas, 9 essentials of a Perfect Pregnancy Diet

Note: Please check for allergies and pre-existing medical conditions. Consult your doctor for a physical examination before making any change in your diet, lifestyle and/or medication. Identifying the gender of your child before or after conception is a punishable offense. Parentune.com does not endorse any technique/procedure for prenatal gender determination.

Jannatul Ferdous found the answer helpful.

Login or Signup to see Expert's complete response

Also Read

hi am 14 weeks pregnant ... n can I know is it saf..

Hi Manju, It would be better not to have, as some..

my son is 4 years old physically but not mentally..

Hi Zona, I hope you are doing well. Be patient and..

hi, my baby girl is 19 months old and her weight w..

Hi Thrushitha, I hope you are well. This looks goo..

hii my baby is 9months old I'm giving small amount..

Hi Konda,you can give mashed banana, cooked apple/..

hi mam, am 32 years old and a mother of 5 old baby..

Hi Shwetha, I would suggest visiting your gynecolo..

+ Ask Doctors
Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Find answers from Doctors about your baby's health and development


24X7 Parents' Partner

Download APP

31% Queries Answered Instantly