Hi, can I start giving my 18 month old daughter some supplement like Horlicks , Bournvita etc. in milk to change its flavour,could you please suggest right age to start and which brand is good.

Created by
Updated on Mar 22, 2017

nutrition Corner

supplements like these should be started only when the child is two years old. However, you can use some attractive cup/glass for milk. Try giving milk when the child is hungry. You may flavour the milk with natural flavourings like elaichi powder, kesar, dates syrup or flavoured milk supplements. You may give in the form of fruit shakes like mango/banana/cheeku/apple shake. You may even try giving milk in the form of porridges/kheer/custards. Other alternatives to milk are curd/yogurt, paneer/cheese, buttermilk/lassi.

Login or Signup to see Expert's complete response

Also Read

is milk flavour like bournvita, Horlicks, pediasur..

Hi Pritika, health drink may not be necessarily gi..

hi can I start giving bournvita ,complan etc in mi..

Hi Mehak Sathya Sharma, Bournvita / Complan or an..

I want to know is junior horlicks is safe for babi..

Hi Uma Verma, Hope you are doing well. No health..

Hi, my daughter is 2 years 3 months old. can i sta..

Hi Renuka, Health drink may not be necessarily gi..

+ Ask an expert
Varsha Karnad
Featured content of the day

Parentoon of the day

Lighter side of parenting

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Find answers from Doctors about your baby's health and development

24X7 Parents' Partner

Download APP

31% Queries Answered Instantly