Hi I have newly birth to a baby boy and can't breast feed the baby because my breasts are getting wound (sore breasts). i have used a lot of cream but dosnt work. is there any special medications?

Created by
Updated on Dec 08, 2019

nutrition Corner

Firstly , visit your doctor for a checkup to make sure that everything is good. Do not let the breasts become full or engorged with milk, express out the excessive milk if breasts are full even after feeding. You can use your own milk and dab around the nipple. Some substances present in breast milk will help to heal the nipple. Secondly you can also apply a thin layer of vaseline around the area, this will also help. Lastly try using nipple shield as this may help to reduce the pain. You can also check with your doctor about what type of nipple shield to use. All the best and do keep us posted.

Login or Signup to see Expert's complete response

Also Read

I have a baby boy of One and a half month I am not..

Hi Sahima, I hope you are well. Here are the foods..

Are there no pills that work for enhancing the bre..

Hi Harsha Jain, No, there are no pills to enhance..

My baby is 3 months old and I am breast feeding hi..

Hi Sri, These are useful, when the baby is unable..

hi I am mother of 2 months old baby. I am getting..

Hi Sailatha Konakanchi, I hope you are well. You c..

Please I have tried a lot of formula for my 6 mont..

Hi Naomi, Here are tips to choose the right formul..

+ Ask Doctors
Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Find answers from Doctors about your baby's health and development


24X7 Parents' Partner

Download APP

31% Queries Answered Instantly