hi my baby is 9months old her skin is becoming dry wt should i use for her suggest any lotions or creamshealth Corner This is an instant, automated response to support you
Dry skin is seen mostly due to a lack of water intake by the child. Dry skin can be due to weather, long baths, harsh soap, long baths, and chlorinated water.
- Weather- Extreme cold and hot weather can rob the moisture from the child's skin.
- Long Bath-Prolonged bathing the baby can sponge down the natural skin oils secreted by the sebaceous glands leading to dry skin.
- Bathing the baby in chemically-treated or chlorinated water can also cause skin dryness. Harsh soap-Any non-baby soap can be harsh on the delicate skin of the baby, giving rise to dryness
Dry skin that is caused due to environmental issues can be treated in the following ways:
- You can increase the fluid intake of the child by giving plain water, coconut water, fresh & seasonal fruits
- Fruits and vegetables like cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, watermelon are rich in water content you can include these in a child's diet.
- If the baby is on breastfeed ensure he/she is taking enough breastfeed and peeing up to 5-6 times a day.
- Using baby-friendly products for bath time, limiting the bath time, using moisturizing lotions after bathing, selecting clothes made of natural fabrics
- Dry skin in the child can also be due to various other reasons like Eczema, Pityriasis Alba and Psoriasis.
Here's also a blog that may help you-8 Ways To Deal With Dry Skin In Your Baby
DISCLAIMER: It is advised to see your doctor depending on the dryness level of your baby’s skin
Note: Please check for allergies in your child and his/her medical condition. Please consult with the Doctor in person for physical examination and treatment.