hi my daughter is 1. 6 years her height is 73cms dr. has told that her height is not as expected pl advice how to increase the heighthealth Corner This is an instant, automated response to support you
The average height of a 3-7 years old girl child should lie in between 101.15cms-121.2cm and for a boy of 3-7 years old, it should in between 103.1cm-.121.9cms.
Majorly height is influenced by hereditary (height of parents & family). However, the child's diet too plays an important role in his/her development.
You can focus on giving a balanced diet, by including a variety of foods at this age.
Staple foods do not contain enough nutrients by themselves. You also need to give the animal source of nutrition and other nutritious foods. Your child should eat a variety of these foods:
- Animal-source foods: Liver, meat, chicken, fish, eggs.
- Milk products: Cheese, yogurt, curds, and milk
- Pulses: Chickpeas, lentils, cow, black-eyed peas, kidney beans, lima beans (For vegetarians, these are important alternatives to animal-source foods.) Green leafy and yellow-colored vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, chard, sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin
- Fruits: Banana, orange, guava, mango, peach, kiwi, papaya
- Oils and fats: Vegetable oils, butter
- Groundnut paste, other nut pastes; soaked or germinated seeds such as sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, melon seeds
Should avoid packaged food item as they are high in sugar and contains preservatives, which is harmful to children.
You can also involve the child in lots of physical activities outdoors like running, swimming, jumping, climbing the ladder, skipping and games like hide and seek, cricket and football.
Indian Kids Growth Chart
|Age||Height (in CM)|
Note: Please check for allergies in your child and his/her medical condition. Please consult with the Doctor in person for physical examination and treatment.