Academic Anxiety In Children How To Handle It
Sep 09, 2022, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
When talking about academic anxiety, every student at some point in their life experiences stress when they are in school away from the comfort of their homes and parents. Academic anxiety is experienced when a child experiences the symptoms of stress, panic attacks, and tension as a result of schoolwork or stress revolving around studies, classmates, and teachers. And if this academic anxiety is not tackled rightly, then it can impact the overall growth and development of the child. Furthermore, academic anxiety turns out to be true for kids who are starting at a new school or are already anxious about being away from parents. This anxiety fades for most kids as the school year goes on, but parents can help them get off to a good start. Adolescents are practically defined by their growth and changes, internally and externally, so we’d expect them to experience a range of anxiety and stress.So when we’re talking about academic anxiety, we’re not talking about the healthy and natural levels of anxiety that should exist in schools. Instead, we’re talking about a level of anxiety that’s not only affecting our students’ academic performance but also their overall well-being. Hence, in this live workshop you can find answers to questions like-
- What is anxiety, and what are the different forms of anxiety?
- What is Academic Anxiety?
- What are the symptoms of academic anxiety?
- What are the various causes responsible for academic anxiety?
- Which age group is more prone to academic anxiety?
- How can unrealistic expectations lead to an increase in the overall levels of academic anxiety?
- What are the various ways by which academic anxiety can impact the overall performance of a child at school?
- Please suggest some healthy coping strategies to deal with the negative effects of academic anxiety.
- What are some effective tips and tricks that will help in dealing with academic stress effectively?
- How can academic anxiety impact the concentration levels in children?
- How can a healthy sleep routine minimize the negative impact of academic anxiety?
- What is academic anxiety management? Please explain with examples.
- When is the right time for the parents to seek cousellor’s intervention if their child is suffering from academic anxiety?
Kumkum Jagadish, Clinical psychologist
Kumkum Jagadish is a Psychologist and Counsellor and specialises in counseling, parenting and life skills development. She has been conducting various sessions on areas like self-awareness, parenting and life skills development to name a few.
| Sep 08, 2022
Hello Ma'am! My son is 7 years old. He has his exams going on . Though he has finished all the course once, but he does not feel confident at all. He fogets all that he learns while writing his papers. But at home he tells everything correctly. Please guide me,how to deal with this situation?
| Sep 08, 2022
Ma'am my daughter just before leaving for the exam , complains of heaviness in her chest and vomits early morning. This has been happening for the past two years, since the time she has started with her exams. She is in class 5 now. Otherwise she is fine throughout the day. Please give some tips that I can teach her to handle her exam related anxiety .
| Sep 08, 2022
Namaste Madam! My daughter is 13 years old now. She has no confidence in herself and is not giving her best in academics . She keeps comparing herself with others and says she is not as good as her agemates and says "number to aane nahi Wale, why should I even study". She is gradually losing hope and doens't even attempt sample test papers due to the fear of securing poor marks. How can I motivate her to give her 100 per cent in academics and otherwise in life as well? Thanks in advance!!
| Sep 08, 2022
Hello mam in my neighbour my friend have a child and her age is 14 year. She have a ademic anxiety she learnt everything, but she always have a doubt in her mind that she can't do anything. She always thought that I forgot everything l. In her last exams she got faint due to exams anxiety. Please suggest me how can I help her she is very worried about her daughter.
Please complete the form to send your question to Kumkum Jagadish