How to plan for a healthy pregnancy
Nov 11, 2021, 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Becoming a parent is perhaps the most anticipated moment of the lifetime. All most all couples at the prospect of becoming parents experience joy and excitement with a tinge of anxiety, which may turn into pangs of fear if not armed with the facts/truth and knowledge/awareness about the whole process around having a child.
A safe and healthy pregnancy is simple to achieve if we take proper care before conception.
1) Ensure that the routine Scans are done as per schedule to monitor child development and health of the mother.
2) It is beneficial if the Pre-conception diet includes folic acid supplement for a minimum three months prior to conception and should be continued all the way into the second trimester.
3) Eating nutritious food in only as much quantity that the body can retain is ideal for the mother and child.
4) Second trimester diet should include protein rich foods that can be eggs, soya, nuts, oats and pulses to name a few, supplemented by iron and calcium.
5) Third trimester diet should include all supplements. Nutritional needs and increasing appetite of the mother due to growing fetus can be well satiated by including more number of nutrients rich smaller meals.
6) Fat rich foods in large quantities may be avoided however the consumption of some fats in moderation may be consumed.
7) Keep tab on weight gain. The ideal weight gain during pregnancy should be around 10 -11 kgs
8) Engage only in pregnancy safe exercises like brisk walk, swimming, yoga and breathing exercises to name a few. Must consult a doctor before starting.
9) Any exercise that puts pressure on the abdomen must be avoided.
10) House hold work and other activities are safe unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor.
Join this workshop to learn how to conceive for a healthy pregnancy .
Dr Pooja Mittal, Gynaecologist
Dr Pooja Mittal is a Gynaecologist & Obstetrician practicing in Gurugram. Dr Pooja has extensive experience of more than 15 years in areas like infertility issues, high risk pregnancies and offers evidence based approach.
| Nov 10, 2021
I am 6 Months pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. I couldn't eat anything due to nausea and vomiting. The only food I feel like eating is curd rice. I have lost almost 5 kgs by now. I am really worried. Will I have a healthy pregnancy? What should I do? Please help
| Nov 11, 2021
Ma'am mere periods scanty aatey hai and ovulation nahi ho rahi hai. Doctor ne hormonal replacement therapy bataya hai. Kya hormonal replacement therapy mai OCP pills diye jatey hai and kya inhe lena safe hai? Iska treatment kitne time chalega and success rate kya hai?
| Nov 11, 2021
Hello Expert Madam! Your sessions are really helpful for us. Thank you so much for all your Inputs . Please tell me which all tests are done during pregnancy and when? How many scans are needed during pregnancy and when is the right time to get them done? I am 6 weeks pregnant. I also have hypothyroidism and it's under control right now. So how often do I need to check my thyroid levels?
Please complete the form to send your question to Dr Pooja Mittal
| Nov 09, 2021
Hello Mam ...planning for 2 nd pregnancy at 37age... is it right decision? I m confused n worried also ..plz help.