How To Prevent UTI During Monsoon
Aug 23, 2022, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Monsoon is like a festival for all. After the scorching heat, everyone waits for the relief in the form of showering water. But this energizing season is also the time when many health issues crop up.The cases of urinary tract infections (UTIs) surge during monsoon, and can give a tough time to both, men and women. However, when it comes to the Urinary Tract Infections, women are more prone to it when compared to men. A urinary tract infection (UTI) can be termed as a bacterial infection of the urinary system. It can be seen to affect the bladder first. If the UTI worsens then infection ascends upwards to involve the kidneys, which becomes a serious issue. Frequent urination, pain and lower abdominal discomfort, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, fever, and burning sensation while urination are the symptoms of a urinary tract infection. Thus, one will have to tackle it at the right time in order to stay healthy. In this live workshop, you can find answers to questions like-
- What is a Urinary Tract Infection?
- How is the Urinary Tract Infection Caused?
- What are the common symptoms of UTI in women?
- What are the risks associated with the UTI?
- If the UTI is not treated on time, can it lead to kidney stones?
- How is Cystitis different from UTI?
- If a woman is having recurrent UTIs what are the risk factors associated with that?
- How is UTI Diagnosed?
- For how long can a UTI last?
- Why does the UTI keep on occurring in women?
- Can a UTI be risky?
- What are the various treatment options available for the treatment of UTI in women?
- For a woman who is suffering from UTI, what dietary considerations she needs to follow?
- How can the UTI be prevented?
- Could you suggest some personal hygiene tips which every woman should follow so that she can protect herself from a UTI?
- When is the right time for a woman to seek medical assistance?
Dr Pooja Mittal, Gynaecologist
Dr Pooja Mittal is a Gynaecologist & Obstetrician practicing in Gurugram. Dr Pooja has extensive experience of more than 15 years in areas like infertility issues, high risk pregnancies and offers evidence based approach.
| Aug 22, 2022
Hello Doctor! I am a mother to a 2 years old child. I frequently have itching and burning sensation on the creases of my thighs, especially while walking. I have applied anti-fungal cream too prescribed to me by my doctor but it's of no use. What could be the reason for the same? How can I manage this issue? Please guide.
| Aug 22, 2022
Doctor I am in my last trimester of pregnancy, I have itching on the sides of my vagina . Is it a sign of UTI? What all dietary changes I need to make to treat this issue? Also is it essential to take medicine for the same or will it get alright on its own. Kindly suggest. Thanks in advance 🙏🏻
| Aug 22, 2022
Hello Ma'am! Please suggest ways to prevent UTI . I have a 5 year old son and I am 8 weeks pregnant too. What precautions can I take from now on so that I don't get it and also please tell how serious this issue is for pregnant women? My weight is on the higher side. So do obese women have more chances of having UTI?
Please complete the form to send your question to Dr Pooja Mittal