Is Constipation In Teens Common Understand How Different Types Of Foods Can Help
Sep 22, 2022, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Constipation is one of the most common intestinal problems found in children. Moreover, the common causes of constipation in teenagers can either be functional or idiopathic, which means that there is no sign of injury or infection, blood, or any other type of abnormality. To add to this, constipation is mostly caused by external factors or sudden changes in diet or lifestyle. However, chronic constipation can be due to an underlying condition. Common causes of constipation in teenagers consist of- certain medications, lack of exercise, insufficient fluid intake, lack of fiber in the diet, irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal inflammation etc. The causes can vary significantly from one teenager to another. When we say lifestyle changes, constipation can be caused due to a number of lifestyle changes such as certain illnesses, change in your daily routine activities, lack of regular exercise etc. So, if you have a teen who is probably busy with school, sports, or after-school activities, this live workshop will be your savior. In this live workshop with the expert, you can find answers to questions like-
- Why is constipation in teens common?
- What are the common causes of constipation in teenagers?
- What are the symptoms of constipation in teenagers?
- How can poor lifestyle choices lead to constipation?
- Why is it important to keep the body well-hydrated during constipation?
- Is it possible to relieve the constipation symptoms through home remedies? Please share some examples.
- What necessary dietary changes one needs to adopt in order to overcome the constipation symptoms?
- How can prebiotic foods aid in easing out the constipation symptoms in teenagers?
- Why is anjeer or fig given to the person who is suffering from constipation? What are its benefits?
- How can milk and ghee help in relieving the constipation symptoms in a teenage child?
- How can different types of herbal teas help in curing constipation in teenagers?
- Even stress can lead to constipation in teenagers. What type of diet should the teenager have in such a situation?
- Could you suggest some healthy breakfast options for the teenagers suffering from constipation?
- How can a healthy and a nutritional diet help in preventing constipation in teenagers?
- When is the right time to seek medical intervention?
Huda Shaikh, Clinical Nutritionist
Huda Shaikh is a Nutritionist, clinical dietitian, health blogger, motivational speaker, healthy recipe designer and the Founder and Director of Nutribond. She has extensive knowledge about weight loss and has designed many healthy recipes.
| Sep 20, 2022
Namstey Ma'am ! My 12 years old daughter complains of stomachache every now and then due to constipation. She doesn't like eating vegetables, salads, chapati and eats just 2-3 specific dals with rice. She is even getting dark circles under her eyes and dull skin. She also has a lot of hairfall. She just doenst want to listen to me. Please suggest ways to deal with her health issues.
| Sep 20, 2022
Is having constipation 10-12 days in a month, a sign of some serious underlying issue? My son who is now 11 years old, eats chips, pizzas, burgers and all such junk food. He doens't want to eat home cooked food. He is 4feet tall and his weight is 50 kgs. Is this weight okay for his age? How can I modify his eating habits, kindly give your valuable suggestions. thanks in advance 🙏🏻
| Sep 20, 2022
What type of foods can alleviate constipation in children? Is having warm water on empty stomach helpful? My daughter Sona is 16 years old and is not at all active as compared to her agemates. she keeps on lying on the bed or sofa or wherever she sits. She feels totally drained out early in the morning while going to school. What foods can help boost her energy levels? Thanks 🙏🏻
| Sep 21, 2022
Hello mam, my sister's daughter is around 12 years. She have constipation problem since she was 1 year old. From starting my sister gave her medicine. But as now she is not ok she has same problem, she only eat banana and apple nothing else in fruits. I told her to eat papaya but she has not ate. And now relatives said not to give banana because of constipation. She cried when she goes wash room. Please suggest me how can I help her. Please suggest some food items so that I can give her.
Please complete the form to send your question to Huda Shaikh