Pregnancy Basics How To Plan A Healthy Pregnancy
Aug 10, 2023, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Pregnancy is the most beautiful phase for a woman which is filled with life-altering changes and responsibilities. Your body goes through a whole lot of changes when you conceive or get pregnant. From missing your periods to morning sickness to all types of food cravings, there are lots of signs that you are pregnant.
While missing your periods is the obvious and most assuring symptom of pregnancy, there are a lot of other signs that your body gives you when you conceive. That is why it becomes even more important to keep a proper check on your preconception health. Well, preconception health focuses on things you can do before and between pregnancies to increase the chances of having a healthy baby. For some women, getting their body ready for pregnancy takes a few months.
For other women, it might take longer. Whether this is your first, or second baby, it is very important that you should monitor your preconception health on a regular basis. Right from planning your diet, to going to the doctor for daily checkups, and vaccinations, you need to take care of an endless number of things for a healthy pregnancy. Therefore, in this live workshop with the expert you can learn about the following-
- What is meant by preconception health? And can poor preconception health impact the overall health of the unborn baby?
- What is a high-risk pregnancy? And when should a woman worry about that?
- How can lifestyle changes affect the overall preconception health of a pregnant woman?
- What are the symptoms of poor preconception health?
- What all activities should a woman avoid when she is in the first trimester of her pregnancy?
- Is it safe to have sex in the second trimester of pregnancy?
- Is yoga safe for a mother who is in her third trimester? What kind of activities are recommended for the third trimester?
- What are prenatal vitamins? What are its benefits?
- What is the role of iron and folic acid in pregnancy?
- How can poor mental health affect the preconception health of a woman?
- What food items should a woman have for a healthy pregnancy?
- Suggest some ways using which a woman can stay fit during her pregnancy.
- Should the parents enroll themselves in antenatal classes? What are the benefits of such types of classes?
- What are some essential dos and don'ts for a healthy pregnancy?
- When is the right time for the woman to consult a gynecologist?
Dr Pooja Mittal, Gynaecologist
Dr Pooja Mittal is a Gynaecologist & Obstetrician practicing in Gurugram. Dr Pooja has extensive experience of more than 15 years in areas like infertility issues, high risk pregnancies and offers evidence based approach.
Please complete the form to send your question to Dr Pooja Mittal