Pregnancy Meal Plan To Reduce Bloating & Gas
May 09, 2022, 3:00 pm - 3:52 pm
In the first trimester, a lot of women face problems with digestion, loss of appetite, nausea etc. which maybe hormone-change related. Here are some solutions that can help you deal with these. While the exact cause of morning sickness is not known, it is most likely caused by agents secreted by placenta. Also, the increased levels hormones in pregnancy can slow down digestion. This may lead to acid reflux, heart burn and indigestion which can cause nausea and vomiting. Also, an empty stomach may trigger nausea. Here are some tips:
- Have carbohydrate-rich foods like cracker, biscuits or a dry toast first thing in the morning to reduce the feeling of morning sickness
- Eating small, frequent meals helps in getting over nausea and also heart burn and other gastric symptoms. A large meal can also cause a feeling of heart burn
- Don't drink water with meal. Keep a gap of half an hour before and after the meal and drinking water
- After eating your meals, keep sitting to let gravity help in keeping the food in stomach. Stand up slowly and avoid lying down
- Avoid brushing teeth immediately after eating and eating foods cold rather than hot (cold foods have less odour) also sometimes helps in this condition
- Try taking your vitamin supplements at night time and a small snack (cracker/biscuits etc) if you wake up during the night. This might help prevent nausea in morning
In this live workshop with the Nutritionist you can learn about interesting meal plans for reducing bloating & gas during pregnancy
When does bloating happen during pregnancy?
How to meet nutritional requirements during pregnancy
Is bloating in pregnancy normal?
What causes pregnancy bloating?
What is a good diet to reduce gas and bloating?
What can I eat to stop bloating during pregnancy?
What should I have for Mid-Morning snacks?
How long does pregnancy bloating last?
How to get rid of bloating during pregnancy
Can I relieve gas by changing my diet?
Can Sugar and Salt worsen my bloating?
Suggest some Home remedies and meals which can help to avoid the same
What else can I do to avoid excessive gas and bloating in pregnancy?
I have gas, and my stomach hurts. Is this a sign that something is wrong?
Join in this parentune workshop with Clinical Nutritionist Huda Shaikh to learn Pregnancy Meal Plan To Reduce Bloating & Gas. Join in now and ask your questions.
Huda Shaikh, Clinical Nutritionist
Huda Shaikh is a Nutritionist, clinical dietitian, health blogger, motivational speaker, healthy recipe designer and the Founder and Director of Nutribond. She has extensive knowledge about weight loss and has designed many healthy recipes.
| May 08, 2022
Hello Huda Ma'am ! I am 15 weeks pregnant. Right from the second week, I feel like puking all the time. My weight gain is just one kg in 15 weeks. Is it okay? I cook nutritious food for myself but due to fear of throwing up, I end up taking just 3-4 spoons and rest all goes waste. What should I do? My doctor says it's normal. Please guide me.
| May 09, 2022
Ma'am mera 14th week chal raha hai. Mujhe golgappe ka khatta paani peene ka bhut mann karta hai. Kya mai ghar par hi bana kar le satey hoon? Aur Kya mai aam ki khatti meethi goli le sakti hoon ,khaney ke baad. Mujhe kabhi kabhi khana kahne ke baad heartburn hota hai.
| May 09, 2022
I just can't lie down flat on bed even 3 hours after taking meals. I feel heartburn as well as regurgitation. I keep walking indoors after taking meals. I have hypothyroidism, which might be the reason for the same. Please give me handy tips which can help me give relief from this issue. It is my 18th week and day by day the problem is worsening because of which I keep sitting on bed with pillows behind my back the entire night and can't sleep well.
Please complete the form to send your question to Huda Shaikh