A Guide to Keep New-Mommies Mentally, Physically Fit
Created by Neha Gupta Mittal Updated on Apr 11, 2021
“What cartoon are you watching?”; “Oh!! He will hurt his head”; “Please sit properly, pull your dress down”; “He is up, Oh God!! I thought he will sleep for an hour at least”; “Please color inside the outline and in one direction”; “You have peed already, I was just coming”. Wondering what are these? These are common mommy lines perhaps by the Mommies who meticulously work on imparting the right values and habits in their children. These are mommies who leave no stone unturned to ensure that their child evolves and not merely grows in height-weight. [Read - Importance Of Calcium-rich Diet for New Mothers]
And this brings us to the next thought! Don’t you think that the physical and mental wellbeing of these mommies is as precious as their child’s? Only if the feel-good factor exists for her will she is able to do it right most of the times. This article suggests a set of easy-to-manage in-house activities that will enable a mother in striking the right balance between self-care, child care, and other activities.
How to Keep New-Mommies Mentally, Physically Fit After Pregnancy
Tips to Maintain Physical Well-being
Here I want to highlight the physical attractiveness and also physical fitness. Yes, it is possible !!!
- A 20-minute quick brisk walk in the morning or evening
- A 10-minute stretch routine to loosen the body
- Getting your routine beauty treatments done every 45-50 days
- Moisturizing the face and neck before sleeping at night
- Of course, eating greens, and fruits and consuming liquids and lots of water
- Take power naps or else simple shut your eyes as and when you get a gap
Tips to Maintain Mental Well-being
This is very important so that a mommy can get creative in managing the mundane routine. This helps in living the same day, but with a different mix of activities for both the mommy and children.
- 10-minute meditation twice a day
- Regular prayers in the temple or while working
- Playing good music while you are with the child
- Deep breathing while you do your work
- Talking less so that energy is conserved for better
- Learning to let go (Not feeding, Using a diaper, That extra cartoon watching – Sometimes is just OK)
Tips to Maintain Emotional Well-being
Here, I want to address the vulnerability of mommies as they wear and tear while giving birth and raising the children. Imagine the pain and anxiety that mothers face to get a new life into this world.
- The above two i.e. physical and mental wellbeing help a lot
- Be thankful for whatever help you are getting
- Build a wall in your head and let no negativity enter
- Keep abreast of the external events and also the latest technology.
Tips for Intellectual Wellbeing
These are very crucial to raise the child right. A well-read mommy is a blessing to the children. Looks difficult to fit, but aren’t their days when you work without domestic help or you don’t get transport and you have to walk from the market to home. When we carry the strength to go the extra mile for our house, why not for our self?
- Read newspapers and magazines at least for 15 minutes every day
- Keep a book by your bedside and read at least 2-3 pages every day
- While in the park or school talk sense and try to learn from people you meet rather than meaningless gossiping
- Refer to the internet time and again to know something about which you are not aware
- Watch infotainment shows like travel shows and science channels to gather something interesting in an otherwise predictable day. You can add on to these as per your set day and lifestyle.
Once you make up your mind they are easily possible because a mommy is a born manager...
| Feb 11, 2016
Hey Neha really nice and helpful.. Hello sangeeta N yes it's possible to follow even more so when baby is younger. The key here is again not to be very hard and very strictly following time table. Be easy on yourself and learn to let go. It helps. Most of the tips are tasks easily accomplished.
| Feb 11, 2016
Thankyou all for appreciating my article. Sangeeta, the activities are an exhaustive list.... You can pick and choose a few that suit you to start with.... Once you feel confident you can include more.... You will feel better and empowered with each passing day.....