Should You Have Benadryl During Pregnancy
Created by Aparna Jha Updated on Jan 17, 2020
“Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan
If you are expecting a child, I am sure you might be taking medications. However, have you ever wondered what could be the repercussion of the same on your unborn baby? Therefore, a sound knowledge of the drug and its consequence can help you dodge a bullet. One such example is intake of Benadryl in Pregnancy, by ensuring the safety of medication, you can make sure that it will not impact the health of your baby adversely.
Benadryl during Pregnancy
Women generally take in Benadryl When Pregnant, in order to get rid from rashes, itchy problems and hives. Being an antihistamine the basic function of Benadryl is to cure allergies. Therefore, Benadryl While Pregnant is safe and is available in medical stores in form of tablets as well as syrup.
Also Read: Aspirin In Pregnancy: When To Take And When To Avoid It
Benadryl pros and cons in Pregnancy
- Benadryl is the obvious choice due to its effectiveness in providing relief during infections, allergies, ill health, cough and cold etc.
- It is efficacious in treating insomnia and anxiety, which pregnant women experience quite frequently.
- Allergy symptoms are healed accurately, for instance sneezing and running nose.
- Benadryl can be responsible for causing drowsy and dizzy mood. Thus, it is preferable to avoid using it before going for a drive, working with heavy equipment’s or drinking alcohol.
- Excess of almost everything can have consequences, medications are no exception. Though Benadryl is considered to be safe, if consumed in excess it could lead a hazardous situation at an alarming rate.
- Surplus of Benadryl can cause birth defects, food aversion, nausea, vomiting, nervous feeling and other risky health issues. Sedating peculiarities of Benadryl can contribute to deep rooted depression.
Avoid Benadryl during pregnancy if you undergo urinary, Thyroid and blood pressure issues. Furthermore, women suffering from liver, kidney as well as respiratory problems should make it a point to avoid its usage.
Is Benadryl safe for pregnant women?
Do not forget to keep in mind that before consuming any medicine, it is imperative to always consult a medical practitioner before. Now the question arises that what amount of Benadryl is safe during pregnancy? The answer to this lies in your doctor’s suggestion! Use Benadryl only in the dosage prescribed by a medical expert.
The fact of the matter is that none of the medicines can promise to be 100% safe and out of danger. Therefore, it is advisable to undergo such medication only if urgent.
| Apr 30, 2019
When my girlfriend is pushing do I have to hold one of her legs