5 Celeb Moms & A Peep Into Their Lifestyle
Created by Neha Gupta Mittal Updated on Jan 11, 2019
Being a mommy is a great feeling, and losing that post pregnancy weight is something all the new mommies have to battle against. While we are doing everything possible to lose that post baby weight, let's see how these 8 celeb moms who look so fit and fine post delivery maintain their weight and looks. So here we go.
8 Celebrity Moms And Their Fitness Secrets
Her grace is simply timeless. Her classic beauty and brilliant dance moves have her fans enthralled. A simple, classy woman who has tasted fame, but stays loyal to her roots, she is the lady next door. Here are some take-aways from Madhuri’s fitness regime.
Dance and workout: A talented and graceful dancer, it is natural that this is Madhuri’s preferred form of exercise, too.
- Madhuri practices Kathak thrice a week
- She works out on the other two days
- Her workout mainly consists of cardio, weights and yoga
- She also loves to play outdoor games with her husband and children
Diet:She eats 5-6 small meals at regular intervals.
- She includes plenty of fruits and vegetables in her daily diet
- She stays away from oily, fatty foods and has a low carb high protein diet
- Staying hydrated:She makes it a point to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Colas or other caffeine based drinks are a strict no-no!
- The importance of rest: According to Madhuri, “the body needs rest to look alive, so sleep well and proper hours or you will show signs of dullness in your energy and in glow too.” She sleeps whenever possible.
Glamour and attention are her shadows. Married into the legendary Bacchan family, her aura is beyond compare. She has been blessed with good hair and skin genetically and she follows a very healthy lifestyle to maintain her beauty.
Diet tips:She stays away from fried food, junk food, packaged food, alcohol, and smoking.
- Aishwarya eats a lot of fruits and vegetables (for vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals)
- She prefers home cooked meals and drinks plenty of water to keep her skin hydrated and fresh
- Skin care:Aishwarya uses a mix of besan (gram flour), milk and haldi (turmeric) as an exfoliant. Alternatively, she uses yogurt to moisturize her skin and applies freshly crushed cucumber face mask
Smaller meals:She sticks to her practice of eating several small meals instead of 3 large meals religiously.
- Exercise more and eat less at one sitting
- Instead of one or two big meals have several small meals in a day
- Have a proper combination of carbohydrates and proteins in your diet
Exercise regime:She is not a regular gym-goer and doesn’t follow any workout routine. She never wanted a lean figure and feels happy in her curvaceous body.
- Her exercise regimen starts with brisk walking or jogging
- Then she does some light exercises like crunches, push-ups, squats and pull-ups. She practices yoga daily for 45 minutes and prefers power yoga
- She also does some functional training focusing on different body parts
Mrs. Funnybones, as we all call her, indeed has a twinkle in her eyes. Apart from a doting mother, she is an interior designer, a columnist, a producer and a former actress. How does she juggle these multiple roles, and manage to keep fit? Let’s find out.
- Planning a meal: Twinkle believes it is of utmost importance that every family member’s likes and dislikes are taken into account while planning meals. After all, why should your family be forced to eat or deprived of certain foods based on your wants?
- Exercise regime:The author of Mrs. Funnybones, Khanna explains how she is not personally in favour of hitting the gym. Long walks are her thing. Meditating in her manicured garden is another one of her favourite activities
- Stress-free:A life hack she claims to have inherited from her mother, Twinkle explains how important it is to let your troubles fly like helium balloons, rather than have them weigh you down, especially if you want to stay healthy and happy.She is an avid reader that helps in her mental health quotient
- Importance of sleep: Her way is, “Sleep early and wake up early”. An early morning glass of lemon and hot water is a must every day. Mrs. Funnybones swears by it!
- Health is wealth:She says,“I think when you wear so many hats, be it of a mom or a working woman, you need to feel good and look good as well. Being healthy is the most important thing”
Kareena Kapoor Khan
She is the talk of tinsel town. Her baby Taimur, is already a celebrity courtesy his influential parents. Here are some doable things from her fitness routine.
Exercise regime:Plenty of cardio exercises such as running, biking, swimming.
- When shooting outdoors, she prefers going for long walks
- Cycling and weight-training are also part of her regime
Yoga: The extremely fit actress practices yoga sincerely and enthusiastically.
- According to her, yoga is good for health, body and mind
- She performs yoga for two hours in spite of busy schedule
- The credit to make her body toned and flexible went to Payal Gidwani Tiwari, a renowned celebrity yoga trainer
- Different types of asanas:Kapalbhati for relieving stress, Virbhadrasana and Parvatasana for enhancing strength of legs, Bhujangasana for strengthening the back, and Naukasana for developing firm abs. Pranayama, Bikram yoga, and Surya Namaskar also
- Diet and nutrition:Kareena Kapoor’s celebrity dietician, Rujuta Diwekar, has formulated a diet plan, which makes her eat 6-7 small meals a day.Instead of crash dieting, she follows a strict workout routine along with a healthy diet plan
- Balanced eating: She believes that balanced diet, soul cleanliness, simple yet vegetarian diet as per climatic condition is good to make you calm, relaxed, and healthy
A mother of two children, Tara Sharma still looks like a teenager. Long, luscious hair, glowing skin and a toned body, what more can one ask for? She gives credit to her high metabolism that helps her absorb the food better and leaves her with less fat and bloating. Her fitness tips are.
- Less oil: At home, oily foods are a no-no. Tara’s husband is extremely health-conscious, too, and they focus on healthy eating instead of weight loss
- Exercise regime:She runs every day for 15-20 minutes. She says, “The first thing I do in the morning is go for a run because if I leave it for the end of the day it never happens”
- Yoga:She indulges in Yoga sessions at least thrice a week
Diva, talented actor, mother of two and author of ‘My Yummy Mummy Guide” – Lolo, as she is fondly called by those close to her, wears many hats with grace. She and her sister, Kareena, make fitness look so, so easy. Let’s take a look at Karisma’s fitness tips.
- Food: Karisma prefers to eat home-cooked food, and she’s a Kapoor who loves her food! She says that she was introduced to Peshawari food by her famous grandfather, Raj Kapoor
- Exercise regime: Karisma doesn’t like to hit the gym, but prefers various other physical activities like swimming and yoga. She loves dancing, and it is one of her favorite forms of exercise
- No extreme diets:Karisma doesn’t believe in crash diets, but just balanced eating and regular exercise to lead a healthy life
- Detox: Karisma believes in detoxifying the body once in a while. One on chosen day, she eats lesser (she doesn’t cut out foods totally)
The kind of presence she has, few others have. With her energy, zeal and talent, Kajol has truly conquered Indian cinema. Her svelte look in recent years are a result of hard work and dedication to health and fitness. Here’s a peep into Kajol’s fitness regime.
Food: Kajol believes in the power of protein – eggs, fish and other sources of protein form an integral part of the diet.
- Junk food and alcohol are a big no-no!
- Fiber and healthy fat are important for a balanced diet
- No extreme diets and shortcuts
- Exercise regime: Kajol is dedicated to her workouts and doesn’t allow any distractions during her gym time. Her high intensity training regime is a mix of weights, cardio and yoga.
- Staying hydrated: Kajol makes sure she drinks plenty of water through the day to stay hydrated and detox the body.
- Focus and discipline: A mother has so many things to juggle, that it’s not unusual to forget about yourself. Kajol believes that a mother needs to take time out every day for her fitness and health, and create a plan. Only with focus can a mother stay fit!
Her fluid dance moves are proof of not just her immense talent, but also her high levels of fitness. Malaika Arora gives fitness goals to every woman in the country! Here’s how this gorgeous mother of an adorable little boy keeps fit.
Food:Malaika likes to start the day with a glass of warm water with lime, honey and cinnamon.
- She stays away from cakes, bread, pasta, but occasionally does eat white rice which she absolutely loves.
- Malaika doesn’t eat after 8 PM, and turns in early to get a good night’s sleep.
- Exercise regime: Malaika is a trained dancer (she has trained in multiple dance forms, Ballet and Bharatanatyam among others). Along with dance, she has regular gym sessions to keep herself fit
These divas are an inspiration to keep fit and have a healthy life even after pregnancy. Take time out for yourself, and take care of your body and mind. We wish you a happy and healthy motherhood!
Did these celebrity moms totally inspire you? Which one is your favorite? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section