Celebrate This Eid With These Delicious Recipes
Created by Priya Mankotia Updated on Jun 16, 2018
First of all, ‘Eid Mubarak’ to all my readers and friends!
Ramadan is a time to reflect spiritually, build communally and aid those in need. This auspicious day is celebrated by performing prayers, wishing each other and preparing varieties of special food, which is shared among family and friends. And to make your day more special I bring to you, these hand-picked, simple and easy to make recipes to enjoy with your near and dear ones.
1. Anjeer and Khajoor Roll - makes 20 - 24 pieces
- Dry Figs/Anjeer: 20 pieces medium size
- Dates/Khajoor: 1 1/2 cups
- Walnut: 1/3 cup
- Almond: 1/3 cup
- Cashew Nuts: 1/3 cup
- Nutmeg powder (Jaiphal): 1/2 tsp
- Desiccated coconut: 3/4 cup
- Silver Varq as required (optional)
- Water: 1 cup
- Soak dry figs in warm water for 1 hour
- Deseed the dates and chop in pieces
- Meanwhile finely chop all the dry fruits
- Grind soaked figs without any water, add chopped dates and grind it to a smooth paste
- Mix half portion from each chopped dry fruits and the paste; make soft pitiable dough
- Now add coconut (it helps to make the dough firm and non-sticky)
- Divide the dough into four portions and make smooth balls
- Take a piece and keep between plastic sheet and zip lock bag and roll to make a thin layer. Cut the edges if required
- Sprinkle dry fruits (around 1 tablespoon of each) and start to fold the layer into a roll, use plastic sheet for folding, this way the roll will not stick or break.
- Keep the roll wrap in the plastic sheet and fold the sheets edges. Repeat the process for the remaining pieces.
- Store wrapped roll in the fridge for 2-4 hours or until they are little firm.
- Apply Varq if using, and cut in desire shape using a sharp knife
Enjoy this guilt-free no sugar no ghee sweet which is beneficial for health
Also Read: Recipes Of Sabudana For Your Child
2. Fruit Trifle - Serves 6
- Cake: 1 1/2 cup chopped
- Banana: 2
- Apple: 1
- Strawberry: 18 - 20 pieces
- Whipped cream for garnishing
- Custard Powder (any flavour): 3 tbsp
- Milk: 500 ml
- Sugar: 4 tbsp
- We can start with making the custard, boil milk, meanwhile in a bowl take custard and add 50 ml milk from the boiling milk to mix the custard. Make sure no lumps are formed
- Add sugar in milk and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Now add the custard milk mix and stir non-stop on low flame. Milk will start to thicken; this may take 3-5 minutes. Make sure custard should be thick with pouring consistency. Keep aside and let it cool
- Now chop the fruits, you can use fruits of your choice like orange, pomegranate and peach.
- Chop the cake in smaller pieces. You can use cake of your choice like vanilla or even brownie or muffin can be used
- In a serving glass, add cake pieces until 1/4 of the glass
- Pour 3/4 tbsp of custard
- Than layers of fruits like banana followed by strawberry than apple and it looks nice
- Cover it with a cling wrap or foil and chill in fridge for 2-3 hours or until ready to serve
- Garnish it with whipped cream and top it with strawberry or cherry or little dry fruits like cashew, pista or almonds
Enjoy this chilled Fruit Trifle after hot spicy food
Also Read: Monsoon Diet Tips, Recipes For Your Child
3. Anjeer and Sooji Phirni
- Dry Figs/Anjeer – 1/2 Cup Chopped
- Milk – 500 ml / 3 Cups
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Chiroti Suji/Rava/Semolina – 1/4 Cup (you can use regular rava too)
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup (or to taste 3/4 to 1 Cup)
- Saffron – a pinch
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sliced Almonds & Pista – 3 tbsp
- Sliver Varq – For Garnishing (optional)
- If using dry figs soak in hot water for 30 minutes, this will help to remove impurities and also soften anjeer. Once soaked rinse under water and finely chop.
- Meanwhile keep milk for boiling and once it starts to boil, allow it to simmer until we need.
- In a pan heat ghee and add suji. Roast until light golden brown and aromatic.
- Now add milk and stir well to avoid any lumps. Cook in medium flame for 2 minutes to thicken phirni, add sugar and stir.
- Once phirni becomes thick or the consistency you prefer is reached add cardamom powder, chopped figs/anjeer and mix well.
- Add dry fruits (keep little aside for garnishing), mix everything well and switch off the flame. (after adding anjeer don't cook for long)
Allow phirni to come in room temperature, transfer in a serving bowl or individuals serving glass/bowl what ever you are using, cover the glass/bowl with cling and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with dry fruits, enjoy this easy yet delicious phirni.
If you have any recipe that you would like to share with us then do post them below in the comments section.
Top Celebrations and Festivals Blogs
Top Celebrations and Festivals Talks
Top Celebrations and Festivals question